Views
Replies
Last Post
Forum now locked
Please e-mail info@ruislip.co.uk if you wish to post
Views: 185   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 21, 2017 9:52am
by Philip (ROL)
This forum has been retained and is here to be used!!
This forum has been retained and is here to be used!!
Views: 332   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 27, 2017 12:22pm
by Philip Duerden
p
Philip
Use it or loose it
This board will go if not used more.
Views: 292   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 19, 2016 9:40am
by Philip
Use it or loose it
Please post your memories to this board to keep it active
Views: 287   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 23, 2014 7:26am
by Philip (ROL)
Wartime years in Dawlish Drive
I wonder if there is anyone out there who was at Lady Bankes from 1939-46? Head was Mrs Poulden I think. She caned me twice! Heaps of coke alongside front playground were used aas weapons - I still bear the scars as I was in leg irons. First two years in huts at...
Views: 373   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 9, 2013 6:22am
by Roy Perry
Annexe? Help!!
I was at Lady Bankes Infants from 1973 to 1977 and I remember my teachers to be Mrs Harrod (?sic), Mrs Higgins and the lovely Mrs Featherstone. I clearly remember being taught by Mrs Featherstone in Year 1 of primary in a small school building near the main school,...
Views: 583   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 15, 2012 2:00am
by Philip (ROL)
Re: Re: Mr Hillary
I remember Mr Hilary,at the end of break (playtime)he blew his whistle and we were all supposed to stand still and go in to class in two's.On this occasion no one took any notice and he kept blowing untill he was red in the face.He ended up running round the playgrou...
Views: 330   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 24, 2012 1:55am
by Jackie nee Hawke...
Does anyone remember me?
Hi I went to Lady Bankes between 1969 and 1973. My parents then migrated to Australia. My sisters name is Annette, I Remember Mr Hillary also, Mrs Watson and Mrs Bragg. My husband & I visited the houses we used to live in on Brixham cr & Cornwall rd Ruislip Manor whe...
Views: 847   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 12, 2008 10:41pm
by Miriam
Does anyone remember me?1946/52
does anyone remember me? from all those years ago. I went friends with Maggie Whitfield, Valerie Parsons,Valerie Grout and others.
Views: 634   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 13, 2008 1:25pm
by Mary Lutz (nee C...
Lady Bankes School 1939 - 46
OIt was a Sunday in September that our lives changed forever. This was Sept. 3rd 1939. Two days later my Mother took me to my first school. We walked with other mums up Lynmouth Drive, right into Bessingby then left across to Filey Way instead of going into the 'R...
Views: 546   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 30, 2007 8:43am
by Derek Hunt
Re: early 1940's
I lived in Whitby Road, Ruislip Manor (born there in 1941) several light years ago! I went to Lady Bankes as did my brothers and sister before me. Would love to hear from you with any memories of those distant years. Do you recall the Rivoli and Astoria cinemas, Rui...
Views: 655   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 15, 2007 11:14am
by Roy Perry
now
i got to lady bankes junior school and i finish this week on friday to go to ruislip high,i hate it but now i cant actually belive im leaveing
Views: 517   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 16, 2007 9:45am
by elle murphy
Schoolmemories
Have had a wonderful afternoon reading all the messages from former pupils but fear I attended LBS slightly earlier than any of the contacts. I believe that because of the war we were past five years when I was admitted in April 1943. All the teachers names liste...
Views: 623   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 3, 2007 9:58am
by Christine Malone...
past student
Started schooling at Victoria Hall then went to Lady Bankes left 1953.My last teacher was Mr Rance.Does anybody remember me
Views: 699   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 5, 2006 1:19pm
by Terry Thornton
Re: Re: Re: Small World
Barry, we were at Lady Bankes at exactly the same time from your dates. I remember going to Victoria Hall. Miss/Mrs Polden was primary school head. Mr Bachelor took over as Junior School head from Miss Christian, who was the first head - my father was in the first ye...
Views: 180   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 18, 2005 9:17am
by Sally Hart
Lady Bankes 1945- 51
I was at LB from 1945 to 1951 and remember quite a few teachers, but not a lot of pupils!! Miss Polden, Infant Head Teacher - we called her Poldisticks. Miss Christian - Junior Head Teacher - very fair and pretty strict - remember a painting of Scott of the Antarcti...
Views: 851   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 21, 2004 2:08am
by Pat Headland
Views: 693   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 19, 2004 1:29am
by Ruth Breeze (Was...
1992-1997 - Anybody there?
Hi, I went to the school until I was 9 in 1997, when I moved to Glasgow, I wanna know if anybody who knows me has discovered the site.
Views: 729   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 5, 2004 8:55am
by Sarah Jackson
I miss you
is miss neromahamed stiil there You were my teacher!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I still Fanncy Victoria Nunn...
Views: 950   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 29, 2003 9:42am
by victoria nunn
i am at lady bankes now
it's changed the teachers are horrible
Views: 687   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 27, 2003 5:43am
by Farrell
i was there in the late 60s
Hi my name back then was elaine lewis,i went to lady bankes in the late 60s and then went to bourne until i left in 1974 to come to australia be good to get in touch with any one from that time,i also had abrother raymond lewis who was also at the same schools just a...
Views: 769   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 16, 2003 4:25pm
by elaine lewis
Photos
Does anyone have any group photos of Lady Bankes (or Victoria Hall) circe 1945-52? If so it would be great to see them.
Views: 838   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 16, 2002 4:58pm
by Tony Sidnell
Who Was Lady Bankes ?
I was a pupil at Lady Bankes 1938/1943 but cannot recall why the ladies name was adopted by the school. Does anyone know ?
Views: 760   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 10, 2002 3:00am
by John Phillips
Re: Lady Bankes 1945- 51
Dear Pat, I was born in 1941 in Whitby Road, Ruislip Manor and I too went to Lady Bankes (and Victoria Hall). The teachers you name are familiar to me (especially Mr. Rance who was, as I recall, fairly volatile.) I also recall a Miss Lamb as one of my teachers. Denn...
Views: 655   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 1, 2002 6:04pm
by Tony Sidnell
early 1940's
Used to live on Beverley Road. Now in San Diego. Would love to hear from old friends
Views: 678   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 9, 2002 7:11pm
by Shirley Cook (Ol...
e
emma
schools
Does anyone in the area remember Mrs Taylor who taught @ Lady Bankes during 75/81. Would love to hear from anyone that knows her or her family. She was the greatest teacher around.
Views: 733   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 11, 2002 5:37pm
by emma
Hiya, I attended Lady Banks School. Wondering if anyone remembers me?? I used to live in Salcombe way. Dont know many names but my friends were Helen and Melaine Fredrick, Abbie, Helen. Thats terrible i can hardly remember. Anyway hope to find my old friends,...
Views: 649   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 13, 2002 7:28am
by Emma Griffin
Re: Re: Re: remember
Bolton? Is that up north?? Never mind her e-mail address, tell her to post to this board! --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- Replying to:is my sister,way after me.she now lives in bolton,get back to me if you want her email address --- --- --- --- --- --- -...
Views: 517   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 29, 2002 3:27pm
by Philip Duerden
Re: LB 1950 to 1956
"King of the Hill" - I remember it well. Can't help you with the other stuff though. --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- Replying to:Who remembers Mrs Neil (I believe her husband died in a train crash at Harrow) and Mr Dix. I am trying to find Lorna Pittock an...
Views: 582   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 29, 2002 3:25pm
by Philip Duerden
LB 1950 to 1956
Who remembers Mrs Neil (I believe her husband died in a train crash at Harrow) and Mr Dix. I am trying to find Lorna Pittock and Cherry Holmes. I see a nte saying the concrete air raid shelters have gone - they where great fun - "King of the Hill"
Views: 707   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 19, 2002 1:30am
by Phillip Hollingw...
What I remember of Lady Bankes :o
Now then what do I remember? Lady Bankes 1980-1985/6 ( rough estimate - don't want to show my age!) ~ The ghost in the tower room, we used to sneak up there past the boring people having their violin lessons in the music room and try and catch the ghost! Shame tha...
Views: 906   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 3, 2001 1:37pm
by whitbybunny (jul...
Re: Re: Small World
Hi this is Phillip Hollingworth. I would love to have a re-union. Trying to find Ian Hawkins, Brian Kitchenside and lorna Pittock. Any help please Phillip --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- Replying to:Does anyone remember Mrs Oswald, Miss Williams...
Views: 735   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 24, 2001 8:37am
by PHILLIP HOLLINGW...
Re: Re: Re: Re: Small World
I remember Miss Giles, also Mrs Fordie(especially the slaps!). Mr Thomas used to have a red? sports car and when my family moved to Southall with just my last term to go he was good enough to give me lifts to school every day as he came from that direction. I remembe...
Views: 719   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 18, 2001 3:36pm
by Erle Jackson
School 1930's
hi! Anyone out there remember me from The Manor in the 1930's?
Views: 603   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 14, 2001 11:50am
by Leslie Banwell
Re: Re: 1964 - 1967
Oops. Forgot to sign my previous posting. It was me. (Now standing in the classroom corner, facing the wall) --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- Replying to:Hi Brian Seems we were at school together but in different classes. Try some of these names t...
Views: 486   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 5, 2001 1:55pm
by Nigel Waters
Re: 1964 - 1967
Hi Brian Seems we were at school together but in different classes. Try some of these names to see if they jog your memory some more:- Sarah Hill, Jane Bonner, Pamela Harwood, Valerie Woolford, Ian Brittain, Susan Brojer, Lindsay Underwood, David Strickland, Val...
Views: 1188   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 5, 2001 1:52pm
by Anonymous
Anyone remember me?
I attended Lady Bankes between 1957 and 1963. I remember most of the teachers referred to, although some of them are a bit hazy now after all these years! I haven't recognised the names of any pupils so far though - anyone remember me?
Views: 523   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 24, 2001 5:04am
by Roy Poole
Re: Re: remember
is my sister,way after me.she now lives in bolton,get back to me if you want her email address --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- Replying to:Seem to recall an Anne Spiller...... --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- Replying to:anyone who attended lady ba...
Views: 430   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 18, 2001 6:56am
by Anonymous
Re: remember
Seem to recall an Anne Spiller...... --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- Replying to:anyone who attended lady bankes 1955-1960,must be as old as me now,would like to here from you if you remember my name,john spiller
Views: 501   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 27, 2001 3:26pm
by Philip Duerden
remember
anyone who attended lady bankes 1955-1960,must be as old as me now,would like to here from you if you remember my name,john spiller
Views: 502   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 24, 2001 8:39am
by john spiller
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Small World
Sue, I cannot find my happy smiley face amongst these lovely children. --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- Replying to:Tony, the photo is on the Lady Bankes opening page - http://www.ruislip.co.uk/schools/ladybankes.htm where it says " click to enter forum !...
Views: 241   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 6, 2001 8:50am
by Tony Cox
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Small World
Tony, the photo is on the Lady Bankes opening page - http://www.ruislip.co.uk/schools/ladybankes.htm where it says " click to enter forum ! --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- Replying to:Hi Sue, I cannot seem to find the photo! --- --- --- --- --- ---...
Views: 219   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 4, 2001 2:59pm
by Sue (Levick)
Hi Sue, I cannot seem to find the photo! --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- Replying to:Tony, are you in the black and white photo at the start of The Lady Bankes page ? I think I am on the top row, last one on the left, if my eyes are working properly! I d...
Views: 143   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 4, 2001 6:18am
by Tony Cox
Tony, are you in the black and white photo at the start of The Lady Bankes page ? I think I am on the top row, last one on the left, if my eyes are working properly! I don't have this photo but I do have three other year's, although I'm not sure which is which!
Views: 149   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 3, 2001 2:05pm
by Sue (Levick)
It's strange. 40 years on and a name suddenly conjures memories lond snce forgotten. I was at Lady Bankes 58 - 63, when I went on to Bourne School. --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- Replying to:Does anyone remember Mrs Oswald, Miss Williams (used to make us...
Views: 150   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 3, 2001 9:15am
by Tony Cox
1964 - 1967
Having read posts on this site I have found some of my class photos. Two with Mrs Oswald and one with Miss Taylor. On the back of 2 of them were the following names. Mrs Oswalds Class Year unknown Carol Dixon, Stephen Goddard, Andrew Campbell, Raymond Andrews,...
Views: 535   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 18, 2001 8:33am
by Brian Crowe
Nigel, Your name seems familiar to me but I can't picture you. I left Lady Bankes in 1967 and went to Bourne. I remember Mrs Lloyd and also Mrs Oswald. I have a painting here done by her husband. My mother bought it from an exhibition at RM Library some years ago....
Views: 171   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 18, 2001 6:49am
by Brian Crowe
m
MK
Yes, Mr Bachelor was head when I was there, 1964-69. Recently visited Corfe Castle, knew there was some affinity there with my past, of course it was Lady Banks who defended the castle! Remember the annual school trip to Corfe - the school still visits there every y...
Views: 151   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 6, 2001 2:14pm
by MK
I remember Mr Hilary, he was diabetic, he used to suck sweets all the time! and I got my legs slapped with a ruler, was I the only girl!?? I had Mrs King (dont know which year) and the classroom was a prefab in the rear playground, Its still there! I remember playing...
Views: 174   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 17, 2001 4:43am
by Anonymous
I was at Lady Bankes from 60/64. I remember Mrs Polden. She always had her hair in a bun and wore sensible shoes. Miss Evans seems to ring a bell as well. Hilary Batchelor was in my class. I also spent some time in the air raid shelters in the back playground. Maggi...
Views: 141   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 11, 2001 7:16pm
by Anonymous
1 2
Free Forum powered by Bravenet