Return to Website

Lady Bankes Infant and Junior School

Former pupils log in here.......

Lady Bankes Infant and Junior School
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Schoolmemories

Have had a wonderful afternoon reading all the messages from former pupils but fear I attended LBS slightly earlier than any of the contacts. I believe that because of the war we were past five years when I was admitted in April 1943. All the teachers names listed by former pupils brought memories flooding back -the standing in the hall with my mother waiting for my name to be call and we had to have a cushion, an enamel mug and our gas mask..
We occasionaly had to go into the air raid shelters but other times we went and lay on our cushions in the cloakrooms if there was an air raid. I can recall most of the teachers mentioned in that era and with the same amusing details but particularly Miss Foster, Miss Polden and Miss Christiansen. I started school with Grace Jenvey, Betty Harrison (who shared the same birthday) and Valerie Wookey. Valerie went to Pinner County with me, but lost touch with everyone when we moved to Windsor in 1950. It would be great to hear from anyone who has memories of that time!