Return to Website

Lady Bankes Infant and Junior School

Former pupils log in here.......

Lady Bankes Infant and Junior School
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Re: Re: Mr Hillary

I remember Mr Hilary,at the end of break (playtime)he blew his whistle and we were all supposed to stand still and go in to class in two's.On this occasion no one took any notice and he kept blowing untill he was red in the face.He ended up running round the playground blowing his whistle all on his own while we just stood and stared untill another teacher rounded us up!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Mr Hilary (SP?) used to slap the tops of the legs of naughty boys, then long trousers were invented...

Is it true that he once threatend to lob himself off the tower - or was that a school myth. My kids go there now - there is carpet in there!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I remember Mr Hillary - he was taken ill once in the canteen, I think he was diabetic.

Do you remember Nuffield French? We sat repeating sentences from a tape - didn't have a clue what we were saying!! but we made the same noises (or so we thought..........)LOL

Re: Re: Mr Hillary

I remember Mr Hillary well. He was my class teacher in 1957-1958. I realised in my 8yr. old way that he wasn't well. We left for Australia in Sept. 1958 and he gave me a bible which he had inscribed, as a farewell present.