Welcome to the MDTAXES Message Board

The MDTAXES Network is an affiliation of CPAs that specialize in the tax planning and preparation for young health care professionals.  Please leave your questions or comments for our CPAs, who visit the message board regularly, or review the answers, suggestions and ideas posted in response to your colleagues' questions.

Please check out our other Message Boards available at www.FindAGoodCPA.com.

Please note: We are NOT affiliated with the Maryland Tax Department. If you're looking for information about Maryland income taxes, go to www.marylandtaxes.com.

Tax Deductions
Start a New Topic 
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
o
OB Mom
Deducting malpractice insurance tail coverage with W-2 and 1099 income
Hi, I left my previous position in April 2019 and had to pay for my own malpractice tail coverage. Most of my income is W-2 from medical practice, although I was a shareholder at the time. I also have some limited 1099 income from a side gig which did require that...
Views: 106   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 5, 2020 2:20am
by OB Mom
Foreign Income Exclusion and Foreign Tax Credit
Hello Andrew, With regard to the foreign income exclusion for those working overseas (who qualify), does the exclusion apply to income from the bottom up or top down? This is important when determining if the foreign tax credit may be applied to tax paid on income...
Views: 290   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 4, 2016 6:23pm
by Keith W.
my state refund 2014
I am trying to appeal my 2014 state refund
Views: 292   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 23, 2016 10:17am
by Tiffany Nance
Post Prelim Year Tax Deductions
Hi, I was wondering if it was possible to deduct Match application fees and/or interview travel expenses as job-seeking costs since my wife is completing a prelim residency (and thus has had her first job in the field) and acquired a new position for years 2-5 at...
Views: 193   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 31, 2015 3:03pm
by Steven Wentzel
Healthcare Premium Tax Deduction
My wife was let go from work this year and 3 months ago, her COBRA started - subsidized the first few months by her company (she had to pay just her employee share as if she was working). We are now going to have the cost shift 100% to us (monthly $1850 premium)....
Views: 266   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 11, 2014 11:39pm
by Raj singh
o
Oleg
tax deduction and 1099 form for paying for parent care
Hello , I pay caregiver of my disable father for medical care ( full time 40 hrs a week ) . What form of income information( ? 1099 ) should I supply to careviver and what deduction I can file . Thanks
Views: 315   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 8, 2011 1:52am
by Oleg
Deduction question
Folks, Incredibly useful site. Your input is greatly appreciated. Quick question. I have had several trees fall on my property this winter, several times interrupting critical services to my house (electricity, internet cable). I am required to have 24 hour c...
Views: 310   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 27, 2011 10:47am
by Tom Tuttle
UDoGood is Now Available on the App Store to Track Your Non-Cash Contributions
I don't normally post items like this on the message board, but I've had quite a few clients ask for info about our the new iPhone App UDoGood that I helped design, we thought we'd share the links with all of our clients. -----------------------------------------...
Views: 334   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 23, 2010 5:21pm
by Andrew Schwartz ...