Return to Website

Decorating Children's Rooms

Lets get Creative and turn those rooms into works of art!!

Decorating Children's Rooms
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Gypsy Theme Bedroom and Dance Room

I was thinking of doing a gypsy/morocan/circus kind of theme for my new room... it will probably be a bedroom and have a section to dance in with mirrors on the walls...also, i have friends over a lot so it has to be good for that too...any ideas? thanks for the help!!!

Re: Re: Gypsy Theme Bedroom and Dance Room

Hi. I am doing an Arabian nights room similar to yours, and I also wanted a sitting area for friends. What I am doing is taking 2 beanbag chairs (that I already have), covering them in fabric, and sitting them out. Also, you could use a trunk or low coffee table for the sitting area, and cover the whole area in a sheer canopy for a "tent"-like effect. Also add a soft rug (maybe out of fake fur or velvet) and some pillows and cushions, and a lantern or lamp for light. I am also using sari fabric for a bedspread I am making. This might go with your theme too. A word of advice: it might be easier to pick one of those themes. Even though they are similar, I found it a lot easier for me to come up with ideas for one definite theme. Oh, and I really like the dance area idea! Very cool.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

To start you off, have a browse through the theme rooms, see what things jump out at you...and then we can start to put the pieces together for your room.

Click on the enter button above.

Marie

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I was thinking of doing a gypsy/morocan/circus kind of theme for my new room... it will probably be a bedroom and have a section to dance in with mirrors on the walls...also, i have friends over a lot so it has to be good for that too...any ideas? thanks for the help!!!

Re: Gypsy Theme Bedroom and Dance Room