Return to Website

Decorating Children's Rooms

Lets get Creative and turn those rooms into works of art!!

Decorating Children's Rooms
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
to AMI.....

Please do share your ideas on the board...so others may benefit also

And brag pictures are most welcome

Marie

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Just wanted to let you know that I have 4 kids and any time they have picked a theme of a character (such as harry potter) it didn't last for very long and we were redoing the room again! We have done the stars and planets theme. If you want to e-mail me I can give you lots of suggestions!!

Replying to:

Hi, I need help. I have 2 boys ages five and seven. They share a room with solid wood bunkbeds. They have agreed upon a theme of Harry Potter but my seven year old also loves the planets and stars. I want a dynamic "WOW" room. Any ideas please help!

Re: to AMI.....

So sorry!! Oh, I wish I would have pictures! The space theme was one of my favorites!! I had painted the lower half of the room in dark blue paint, then hand painted planets, stars, spaceships, etc. on that. Then I used glow in the dark paint on the planets and stuff. We made headboards for the beds in the shapes of a planet for one and a spaceship for the other. We made our own valances, curtains, and pillows out of space material(from walmart!!), and we made planets and spaceships to hang from the ceiling. Also, made a shelf with spaceship ends, curtain rod ends out of balls painted like planets, and a large planet, spaceship, and alien that we cut from a thin wood (luan-very inexpensive), and painted them and hung on different walls.

Replying to:

Please do share your ideas on the board...so others may benefit also

And brag pictures are most welcome

Marie

Replying to:

Just wanted to let you know that I have 4 kids and any time they have picked a theme of a character (such as harry potter) it didn't last for very long and we were redoing the room again! We have done the stars and planets theme. If you want to e-mail me I can give you lots of suggestions!!

Replying to:

Hi, I need help. I have 2 boys ages five and seven. They share a room with solid wood bunkbeds. They have agreed upon a theme of Harry Potter but my seven year old also loves the planets and stars. I want a dynamic "WOW" room. Any ideas please help!