CHICtribute.com Forum

Here you can discuss articles, records or other things CHIC related. You can place an ad for record/videoclip trade or other things CHIC related. Or post a question you always wanted to know about CHIC or things related.

FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
TEDDY PENDERGRASS singing with CHIC ORGANIZATION (1981/1982) and NILE RODGERS (1985)

TEDDY PENDERGRASS, the Philadelphia soul singer whose husky, potent baritone was one definition of R&B seduction in the 1970s but whose career was transformed in 1982 when he was severely paralyzed in an auto accident, died on Wednesday night (January 13, 2010) in Bryn Mawr, Pa. He was 59. The accident happened in 1982 after he participated in the project "SOUP FOR ONE" (1981/1982) together with the CHIC ORGANIZATION. He sings a wonderful ballad "Dream Girl" both in the film (PENDERGRASS had a cameo role as a nightclub singer performing the song in the movie) as the soundtrack (in my opinion there should be a demo version or another version of this song or maybe another song sung by TEDDY PENDERGRASS has not entered the movie and the soundtrack, if there is another version of "Dream Girl" or another unreleased song sung by TEDDY, these songs have to be together with the song "Dream Girl" in the CHIC BOX SET). In 1985, Teddy Pendergrass sings the beautiful song "Somewhere I Belong" that appears in the film D.A.R.Y.L. (unfortunately there is not the soundtrack of this film, besides this version sung by TEDDY has other incredible instrumental versions of this song in the film). The song "Somewhere I Belong" was produced by the master NILE RODGERS, and he also plays the guitars in the song. In his Twitter NILE RODGERS talked about TEDDY PENDERGRASS and this song:
"I did Teddy Pendergrass RIP after his accident-He sang one line at a time-He cried in my arms after I put it together" http://bit.ly/4UsvB0 4:56 AM Jan 14th from TweetDeck.

TEDDY PENDERGRASS - Dream Girl (4:10)
Produced, Written, Arranged and Conducted by BERNARD EDWARDS & NILE RODGERS for CHIC ORGANIZATION Ltd. (1982)
Engineered by BOB CLEARMOUNTAIN, BILL SCHENIMAN and SCOTT LITT
Recorded and Mixed at Power Station, NYC
Lead Vocals by TEDDY PENDERGRASS
Musicians by CHIC ORGANIZATION
Video (Audio only):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7F62ut37jw

TEDDY PENDERGRASS - Somewhere I Belong (5:23)
Produced by NILE RODGERS (1985)
Music by MARVIN HAMLISCH
Written by DEAN PITCHFORD
Engineered (?) by JAMES FARBER (?) or JASON CORSARO (?) or other (?)
Lead Vocals by TEDDY PENDERGRASS
Background Vocals (Chorus) by TERRI GONZALEZ, ULLANDA McCULLOUGH (?), and other (?)
Guitars by NILE RODGERS
Bass (?), Drums (?) and Keyboards (?) by Unknown (?)
Link (7.4 MB):
http://www.4shared-china.com/file/181141994/e912f28d/Teddy_Pendergrass_-_Somewhere_.html?s=1

TEDDY PENDERGRASS - Somewhere I Belong (5:00)
Video (Audio including Lyrics):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5-mTwE1Gw0

TEDDY PENDERGRASS - Somewhere I Belong (4:21)
Video (Closing Credits from the 1985 Hit Film D.A.R.Y.L.):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w82afBKP_G8

Somewhere I Belong" lyrics written by DEAN PITCHFORD:

Where I'm going?
I've been lost so long,
There's no shelter from the cold,
Winds are blowing,
I keep dreaming on,
Waking up in emptiness alone, alone,
I know, I know,

Somewhere I belong,
Somewhere I can call, my home,
Open your heart to me,
I've got the feeling,
That your love is leading me home.

How'd you find me?
Pull me from the storm,
Make the heartache disappear,
Feel the fire,
Love can keep us warm,
I just can't believe I'm finally here,
I am here, I am here,

Somewhere I belong,
Somewhere I can call, my home,
Open your heart to me,
I've got the feeling,
That your love is leading me, leading me home,
Somewhere I belong.

Open your heart to me,
I've got the feeling, I've got the feeling,
That your love, your love, is leading me home,
Somewhere I belong,
Somewhere I belong,
Somewhere I can call, I can call, my home,
Open your heart, open your heart, to me, to me,
I've got the feeling, I've got the feeling,
That your love, that your love is,
Leading me, leading me home.
Somewhere I belong.

Re: TEDDY PENDERGRASS singing with CHIC ORGANIZATION (1981/1982) and NILE RODGERS (1985)

Where can I get this song?

Re: TEDDY PENDERGRASS singing with CHIC ORGANIZATION (1981/1982) and NILE RODGERS (1985)

Thanks Alex I've added the DARYL track to Nile's productions in the Discography section. I've also added you to the cred page, as thanks for contributing to this site.

As to another song with Teddy from the Soup For One project, I have no knowledge that CHIC did another song with him at that time. There may exist different takes of Dream Girl however. You'd better try and ask Nile about that. He's on Facebook and are very approachable.

Once upon a time, in a world filled with exam worries, a hero named take my teas exam for me emerged. Accompanied by a team of scholarly knights, they embarked on a mission to banish stress and usher in an era of incredible grades. Join them on this journey, and write your own success story.