CHICtribute.com Forum

Here you can discuss articles, records or other things CHIC related. You can place an ad for record/videoclip trade or other things CHIC related. Or post a question you always wanted to know about CHIC or things related.

FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Nile Rodgers prod. Michael Gregory (1983)

Happy new CHIC year 2010 to the CHIC Fans all over the world.
Hope it's ok with our friend Pocat. We have no news a long time ago

One of the first Nile Rodgers prod. of 1983 Michael Gregory from the LP Situation X

Can't carry you : http://bit.ly/7NZ4yn

Re: Nile Rodgers prod. Michael Gregory (1983)

I agree with FrenCHIC, I hope everything is well with Pocat and he returns to his incredible site. This song and this video posted by FrenCHIC are really nice and I agree with him that the album "Situation X" of MICHAEL GREGORY was one of the first productions of NILE RODGERS in 1983, it was produced shortly after the album "Let's Dance" of DAVID BOWIE, also produced by the master NILE RODGERS. This album was only released on LP format and is very, very rare (never appeared available on the Internet), if I ever find in any store or available for download, it will be a very happy day, because in this album, the GODS of the CHIC ORGANIZATION (BERNARD EDWARDS & NILE RODGERS) PLAYED TOGETHER on SEVERAL SONGS, so it can be said also that in this case THESE SONGS are ALSO TREASURES, not lost but very difficult to find. The only song that I listened to this album is that it appears in this video and I'm sure that all the other songs on the album should be wonderful. Many years ago I found at the site Ebay the 7" Single of the song "Can't Carry You" and I could read the credits of this song, 2 musicians of CHIC ORGANIZATION are playing (TONY THOMPSON & ROB SABINO). Another musician who appears on the album "Situation X" is STEVE WINWOOD, he plays Keyboards and does Background Vocals on "No Ordinary Romance".

Credits for the song "Can't Carry You":
MICHAEL GREGORY - Can't Carry You
Produced by NILE RODGERS (1983)
Written by MICHAEL GREGORY
(P)&(C) 1983
Musicians:
Lead Vocals by MICHAEL GREGORY
Background Vocals by MICHAEL GREGORY
Guitars by MICHAEL GREGORY
Drums by TONY THOMPSON
Keyboards by ROB SABINO
Bass Guitar by ANTHONY JACKSON

Curiosity about the singer and musician MICHAEL GREGORY:
MICHAEL GREGORY was involved with the fusion scene in the 1970s. Originally MICHAEL GREGORY JACKSON, he dropped the last name to avoid confusion with the better known MICHAEL JACKSON (King of Pop).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Gregory_(jazz_guitarist)

In times of academic worry, our pay someone to take my exam for me service is a beacon of hope. Our experienced team is ready to assist you in your scholarly pursuits, ensuring that you excel in your online evaluations. Say goodbye to late-night study sessions and entrust your aspirations to us.