National Mining Memorabilia Association Web Forum

This Forum has been created as a means by which NMMA members can take part in the discussion of, or ask questions regarding the subjects of British mining memorabilia. Please note the Forum has now expanded and occupies several pages. The individual views and comments expressed in this Forum are not necessarily those  held by the NMMA.

• The Forum Moderator reserves the right to delete messages and threads which may be deemed to be offensive in any way to individual members of the NMMA or the general public.
  • News relating to suspected fake items of mining memorabilia or items for sale on Ebay etc. should be restricted to the General & Collecting News Section of the Forum.
  • Forum postings without validated e-mail addresses may be deleted.
  • Posting using bad or dubious language will be deleted.
  • Persistent trouble makers will have their IPP address banned from using the Forum.
  • This Forum is open to all to view but to post entries requires a password from the NMMA Secretary Jeremy Winter - For the Forum posting password please apply by e-mail to twojay.services@virgin.net

To Upload and share your mining memorabilia images click on the link to the Forum Gallery below

NMMA PICTURE GALLERY

Mining Checks, Tallies, Tokens & Medals
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
MANCHESTER COLLIERIES - GIN PIT CHECK EMBOSSED

The above item on e-bay is a Manchester Collieries Ltd Gin Pit alloy embossed check. Probably a pay check, but still a nice rarer check from Lancashire. Unlike the stamped fakes we have seen in the past.
I have more than a dozen similar from different MCL pits. But I have never seen a brass one from named MCL pits. I have a 32mm brass one that just has MCL embossed on it, which I am told came from Brackley pit.
ANY MEMBER GOT A BRASS ONE, with an MCL pit name embossed on, THEY CAN POST A PICTURE OF, FOR US?

lidad66 has a Bradford Pay Check NCB era, same format on e-bay for sale also

Re: MANCHESTER COLLIERIES - GIN PIT CHECK EMBOSSED

We would all love to post pictures to the Forum but
the system does not work.
You are lucky you have not been Deleted ....
I mean why shoot the messenger...

it does work although a little difficult, as you say you would love to send in pictures, send them to mark the administrator he will upload them for you. your call.

item number 220699299667
2 Gin Pit checks running at £69 ,whith 2 days to run
THEN THEY ARE GONE,with a deal offline,,, I wonder who
bought them,,,,,

Not suprised they have gone, they are rarer checks worth having. Was not me, I already have one as you would expect. But whoever it is, that leaves only one - 220699617392, so get thinking about it. I thought pasting pics was difficult until I tried it, and then it is easy. The hard bit is setting the Flickr bit up. secret there is not to be too adventurous with that and just be basic with it.

So ask someone to help you. Post what your difficult bit is on the forum and either the Moderator or us who use it will help.

Just thought, the moderator could put permanent instructions on some conveniant part of the site/forum preable, so members can refer to it whenever they need to paste pics.

looks like he ended gin pit checks early and now listing individualy, wise choice but a bit late.

Well acted on Mark, lets hope the waverers now are able to post pics.

Could be Bill on the Gin Pit checks, but also could have been a private sale also. I know another long time collector that bought some different MCL's and very rare ones, two of which I did not have, but he got there first!!! If you have not got a Gin, do a Gordon, and get the knives out on bidding.

pictures Alloy checks

Manchester pictures
Your pic does not show.
Simples really.
1. make sure you have immediately after the location address of your pic, no space between, lower case and squared brackets, don't forget the / forward slash

To get the location address on Flickr, post your pic on Flickr per their instructions but don,t bother with tags and names and catagories etc until you get the hang of simple posting, just get it posted as simply as possible. For the address, click on the picture posted on Flickr, go down to properties and click. The properties of the picture come up including the location address which will end .jpg if you have posted it as .jpg , highlight this address with your cursor and right click, click again on copy. Go to your Forum box and right click, click on paste; the address should paste into the box,put the suffix and prefix to it as above. Finalise the forum posting. Go back into the forum againg and your pic should be there.

Lots of Gin Pit alloys now on auction site !!!!!!!
Where are they all coming from .....

BOTH ARE FROM SAME SOURCE, WHO HAS GRANDDADS TIN OUT OF LOFT! BUT WHEN THEY ARE GONE, THEY ARE GONE.