National Mining Memorabilia Association Web Forum

This Forum has been created as a means by which NMMA members can take part in the discussion of, or ask questions regarding the subjects of British mining memorabilia. Please note the Forum has now expanded and occupies several pages. The individual views and comments expressed in this Forum are not necessarily those  held by the NMMA.

• The Forum Moderator reserves the right to delete messages and threads which may be deemed to be offensive in any way to individual members of the NMMA or the general public.
  • News relating to suspected fake items of mining memorabilia or items for sale on Ebay etc. should be restricted to the General & Collecting News Section of the Forum.
  • Forum postings without validated e-mail addresses may be deleted.
  • Posting using bad or dubious language will be deleted.
  • Persistent trouble makers will have their IPP address banned from using the Forum.
  • This Forum is open to all to view but to post entries requires a password from the NMMA Secretary Jeremy Winter - For the Forum posting password please apply by e-mail to twojay.services@virgin.net

To Upload and share your mining memorabilia images click on the link to the Forum Gallery below

NMMA PICTURE GALLERY

Mining Lamps, Badges & Ephemra
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Looking for some advice from those in the know...

I have been talking to my grandad today and looking at some of his memorabilia from the past.
My Grandad has several NUM strike badges, some he has duplicates.
We were wondering if these would be valuable to a collector. My Nan is forcing him to have a clear out due to down sizing.

The badges include:
Sutton Manor Branch
Golborne Colliery
Bold Branch NUM
Kirkless Branch NUM
Plank Lane Branch NUM
Cokemens Area NUM
Nottingham Area - unity is strength
Derbyshire NUM 100 1880-1890
Cortonwood Branch NUM - Lest We Forget David Jones Joe Green

2 saying Yorks Area NUM, one smaller than the other

National Union of Mineworkers North Western Area
2 different badges saying:North Western Area NUM

Bakers Union
Workers of the World Unite NUR
Society of Graphical & Allied Trades SOGAT
AUEW
Heating Eng's Metal Workers Coppersmith
OSPHE

He also has a key with a miniature miners lamp keyring - Sir Humphry Davy 1778-1829 with a tally (think that is what he called it)
NCB 372 Hapton Valley Colliery with a keyring saying King Coal.

In the box was also what I'm guessing are rugby pins - Penrith Rugby League Club and Sharks plus and olympic pin.

Looking for advice as to wether these would sell on Ebay, whether I am better to keep hold of them for him, or would there be a collector in the North West that we could go to see???

Any advice or support would be helpful - Grandad has never used the World Wide Web so I told him I would ask for help and advice on his behalf!

Many thanks. Zowie.