Welcome to the MDTAXES Message Board

The MDTAXES Network is an affiliation of CPAs that specialize in the tax planning and preparation for young health care professionals.  Please leave your questions or comments for our CPAs, who visit the message board regularly, or review the answers, suggestions and ideas posted in response to your colleagues' questions.

Please check out our other Message Boards available at www.FindAGoodCPA.com.

Please note: We are NOT affiliated with the Maryland Tax Department. If you're looking for information about Maryland income taxes, go to www.marylandtaxes.com.

Tax Deductions
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
UDoGood is Now Available on the App Store to Track Your Non-Cash Contributions

I don't normally post items like this on the message board, but I've had quite a few clients ask for info about our the new iPhone App UDoGood that I helped design, we thought we'd share the links with all of our clients.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UDoGood - what is it?
UDoGood is an easy (and fun) app for the iPhone and iPod touch that helps you document, photograph and record your charitable donations of clothing and household goods.

UDoGood includes suggestions to help you determine the fair market value of your donations. If you have an iPhone, UDoGood also lets you take photos of your donations to provide a visual record of your contributions. Plus, with UDoGood, you can e-mail your list of donated goods to your tax preparer or to yourself.

Make your life easier next tax season by using UDoGood throughout 2010!

For more info visit UDoGood at www.udogoodapps.com.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't Let this Happen To You!
"We are disallowing the [non-cash charitable donation] receipt dated 05/12/07 and one item on the receipt dated 10/15/09. The reason these are being disallowed is because we need a list of the items that were donated," - the IRS to a taxpayer being audited.

We've used our CPA know-how to help create this iPhone App so you will have sufficient documentation and can withstand reasonable scrutiny from our friends at the IRS.

It's easier and more fun than being audited!

Buy the App from iTunes Now - only $2.99 at http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/udogood/id351975132?mt=8.

Zip Code: 01801