Angela's Online Discussion Group

Considering the real-time nature of the message board(s), Human Earth Animal Liberation (HEAL) cannot review messages or confirm the validity of information posted. We do not actively monitor the contents of posted messages, are not responsible for any messages posted, do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of the Administrators or any entity or individual associated with HEAL. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact the Administrators immediately by email at info@heal-online.org. The Website Administrators may in its discretion remove such material, but neither the removal nor the failure to do so shall result in liability to anyone. Because removal is a manual process, removal or editing particular messages may not occur immediately.   Although the Administrators do not and cannot review the messages posted and are not responsible for the content of any of these messages, they reserve the right to delete any message for any reason whatsoever. You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold the Website harmless with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s).

Due to abuse of this forum it is now password protected.  To request the password, please send an e-mail to angela@heal-online.org, subject: bravenet forum password.  I will then send a verification e-mail to you and if approved, you will be given the password.  Survivors may express their feelings and thoughts with out editing them.  This is our message board and will be used and monitored to insure this remains a safe place for survivors, their families, and sympathetic parties to post their experiences.   In addition, HEAL has two additional and separate message boards.  Survivors and others wishing to discuss the behavior modification industry, please visit NEW FORUM at: http://heal-online.org/tinc?key=aOvhgoOX&start=-1&reverse=1  You may also visit www.heal-online.org for links to more forums.  We suggest you also utilize these boards as this board has limited space and therefore we are forced to delete messages from time to time.  If you have a news story you wish to share, please e-mail it to heal@heal-online.org and we will post it online at www.heal-online.org/news.htm.  Do not use this message board to post news reports.  Thank you.

Angela's Online Discussion Group
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: positive experience

Could you tell us more about these restraints and verbal comments from staff?

More details please.

Re: Re: not positive experience

You have to be crazy...to send your child away...I know my daughter just got back and it was bad for her nothing positive about any of it..Take care of your own child after all we had them...Unless you want you child dead...then you are crazy!!!!!
sorry mad mom We hate them for what they did to her!!! save the kids

I'm just curious... how old are you, Nina?

2 months after I left PCS, I'm sure I had nothing negative to say about it, either. It took me several years to come to terms with my experience there.

I hope you continue doing well and feeling good. I'm sure you felt you made huge changes in 15 months, but as you get older you will see that 15 months is a huge amount of time in any teenager's life, and it is expected that most teenagers will grow and change during a 15 month period. As you get to know some of your old friends again (the good ones!), I'm sure you will find they they too have matured.

As for "staying sober"... I'm not sure really what kind of things you were into before you went to PCS. But I will tell you, as you become a young adult, you will find for healthy, normal adults, being "sober" is not an all-or-nothing thing.

We learn to balance things, like work or school, friends, family, and personal time. This balance will continue to evolve as your priorities change (like when you go from being a single girl to having a husband and family). However, the key here is still "balance" and "moderation".

All I'm saying is, having a few cocktails with your friends on a Friday night is a perfectly normal, healthy thing to do (not quite at your age, but as you get a bit older, so just keep that in mind).

Re: Re: positive experience

excellent post Bandit.

Nina
I felt pretty good 2 months after I left Provo Canyon School but as years went on I had mental health issues from life and from the school. I did a paper this year in school this about a traumatic experience in my life for my college writing class essay. I wrote about my experience at Provo Canyon school. I went there from 1980-1981. I am writing this paper in 2009 and it brought up a lot of bad memories that I had to talk to my therapist about it and come to terms with in my life.

That is how I got involved with HEAL and wanting to get this school shut down I had looked up Provo Canyon School on the Internet and found HEAL website and from writing the paper. This school is not positive for anybody there were some good staff when I was there but very few. the school has gotten much worse.