Angela's Online Discussion Group

Considering the real-time nature of the message board(s), Human Earth Animal Liberation (HEAL) cannot review messages or confirm the validity of information posted. We do not actively monitor the contents of posted messages, are not responsible for any messages posted, do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of the Administrators or any entity or individual associated with HEAL. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact the Administrators immediately by email at info@heal-online.org. The Website Administrators may in its discretion remove such material, but neither the removal nor the failure to do so shall result in liability to anyone. Because removal is a manual process, removal or editing particular messages may not occur immediately.   Although the Administrators do not and cannot review the messages posted and are not responsible for the content of any of these messages, they reserve the right to delete any message for any reason whatsoever. You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold the Website harmless with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s).

Due to abuse of this forum it is now password protected.  To request the password, please send an e-mail to angela@heal-online.org, subject: bravenet forum password.  I will then send a verification e-mail to you and if approved, you will be given the password.  Survivors may express their feelings and thoughts with out editing them.  This is our message board and will be used and monitored to insure this remains a safe place for survivors, their families, and sympathetic parties to post their experiences.   In addition, HEAL has two additional and separate message boards.  Survivors and others wishing to discuss the behavior modification industry, please visit NEW FORUM at: http://heal-online.org/tinc?key=aOvhgoOX&start=-1&reverse=1  You may also visit www.heal-online.org for links to more forums.  We suggest you also utilize these boards as this board has limited space and therefore we are forced to delete messages from time to time.  If you have a news story you wish to share, please e-mail it to heal@heal-online.org and we will post it online at www.heal-online.org/news.htm.  Do not use this message board to post news reports.  Thank you.

Angela's Online Discussion Group
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: hell isnt this bad

Parents and everyone else-

PCS is very manipulative. When my parents inquired about their methods of punishment, PCS told them that when a child misbehaves, they are sent to a different unit, where they must sit on a chair for 25 minutes, then write a contract regarding the behavior, then they may return to unit from whence they came.

They failed to mention that we would actually be standing, not sitting, during that time. They also left out the part about repeating this standing/sitting period OVER AND OVER AGAIN!, for hours or days or weeks or longer.

Re: hell isnt this bad

Mark,

When were you there? I remember the kid that had the bag on in order to go to the bathroom. I can't remember his name....

Hell Is Much Worse, Actually

I was in Unit 2 in early 1988 when I noticed Daniel Smallwood in Intake. He eventually made it through to Unit 2 and then to one of the two boys' Hotel units, the one that was on top of the girls' wing. He seemed to cope well, although there were the inevitable peer insults concerning his weight. He was one of the few people there with special permission to own tools, and I was grateful for his assistance in repairing my Commodore 64 computer's joysticks whenever they broke. My first memory of Smallwood is when my unit was lining up for school in the area where coats were removed and temporarily stored. Daniel Smallwood was loitering there for some reason, and then someone from my unit addressed him as "Albert," alluding to Fat Albert, at which point our group's counselor overheard the guy and immediately sent him off to Investment for a Class 2 "peer pressure" offense.
The guy with the colostomy bag was named something like Greg or David Broshaw phonetically, if I remember correctly. I was in Intake with him and I think he also made it to Unit 2. He had an unusual accent that I couldn't quite place anywhere in the United States; he could possibly have been from another country. I remember once seeing his name on a special dietary list one early morning when I was on kitchen detail, so it's obvious that the place made special provisions to accomodate his medical condition.
Having spoken extensively to several friends who've served actual penitentiary sentences, albeit on the medium- to minimum-security levels, I would bet that they all would rather have gone to PCS. One PCS student who I occasionally talked to, John Case, who in 1988 was experiencing his second tenure at PCS, was one of those court cases who had kneeled before the judge with hands clasped and begging to go to PCS rather than to a real juvenile hall. I suspect that he, too, despite being a tough guy on most other accounts, would hesitate before comparing PCS to any but the most lenient and rare of real prisons.

Ramon
September 1987-November 1988