Angela's Online Discussion Group

Considering the real-time nature of the message board(s), Human Earth Animal Liberation (HEAL) cannot review messages or confirm the validity of information posted. We do not actively monitor the contents of posted messages, are not responsible for any messages posted, do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of the Administrators or any entity or individual associated with HEAL. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact the Administrators immediately by email at info@heal-online.org. The Website Administrators may in its discretion remove such material, but neither the removal nor the failure to do so shall result in liability to anyone. Because removal is a manual process, removal or editing particular messages may not occur immediately.   Although the Administrators do not and cannot review the messages posted and are not responsible for the content of any of these messages, they reserve the right to delete any message for any reason whatsoever. You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold the Website harmless with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s).

Due to abuse of this forum it is now password protected.  To request the password, please send an e-mail to angela@heal-online.org, subject: bravenet forum password.  I will then send a verification e-mail to you and if approved, you will be given the password.  Survivors may express their feelings and thoughts with out editing them.  This is our message board and will be used and monitored to insure this remains a safe place for survivors, their families, and sympathetic parties to post their experiences.   In addition, HEAL has two additional and separate message boards.  Survivors and others wishing to discuss the behavior modification industry, please visit NEW FORUM at: http://heal-online.org/tinc?key=aOvhgoOX&start=-1&reverse=1  You may also visit www.heal-online.org for links to more forums.  We suggest you also utilize these boards as this board has limited space and therefore we are forced to delete messages from time to time.  If you have a news story you wish to share, please e-mail it to heal@heal-online.org and we will post it online at www.heal-online.org/news.htm.  Do not use this message board to post news reports.  Thank you.

Angela's Online Discussion Group
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I Survived pcs...please dont send your child there

When I got out of PCS, there really was no internet. For years, I suffered from anxiety, nightmares, ect... and really didn't know why. One night, I was talking to an older friend (she was 36, I was 19). I had sort of an "episode", something triggered thoughts of PCS-trauma. She asked me what had me so upset, and I told her I wasn't really sure. I told her that I had been sent to this reformatory school, and that I became really upset whenever I thought about it. She wanted to know more- I told her about the "program" at PCS, and the staff, and the things that happened there. She was absoluteley appalled, and spelled it out for me- I did NOT deserve to go through what I went through there, in fact, NO child deserves that, and it was ABUSE. Well, her saying that validated all the symptoms I had been having for 3 or 4 years. Oh yeah, I was wondering why I had so many terrible nightmares about being back at that place! I then saw a therapist, who diagnosed me with PTSD. I was in college, spent a few years studying psychology and social sciences, then went into nursing and became an rn. The more I learned in school, the more I realized how f*&^%$ up PCS is (including but not limited to the program and the staff, and a bunch of other things about it as well). So you see, I have a social and professional responsibility to expose and report such abuse.
By the way, I also went to a boarding school after PCS. It was a very nice school, but I also wanted to be home. Is the school you are at, St. Tims, is that a normal boarding school?? If it is, I would recommend you stay there and enjoy, because you have years and years after high school to go wherever you like. Anyway, why did you get sent to PCS?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I Survived pcs...please dont send your child there

My son went to Provo. I didn't have any idea about all that is being said here. They sold me.

My son and I just got done discussed much of this tonight. I desided to do research and see what else I could find on the school. I am appalled.

My son went fromMar 1999-Dec. 2000

So what can be done?? To the Megan how are you coping with PTSD. I think my son may have this too. Nightmare's, lose of memorys from when he was there etc.

Does anyone remember Larry Winn counsolor- he was there at the time?? Any thoughts on him?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I Survived pcs...please dont send your child there

Lary Winn was a horrible mean crude degrading little man. I highly disliked him. He turned my whole caseload on me and encouraged them all to bash me while I was still only a few weeks new there and my actual therapist was out and he was covering for her. *******.

Re: I Survived pcs...please dont send your child there

You might add that the kids spend more than 90% of there time with these unlicensed staff. Many of those who have been abused were abused by these people. Most often the night crew. This teen industry attracts perverts and sadists.

ahhhh omg lexi!!!! Its Jamie. i miss u. I agree dont send ur kids to provo. Its all about brainwashing the kids and taking your money. I left about 2 1/2 months ago. I was only there for 2 months. thank god! that place is horrible and it only makes your kids more depressed

My child also had Larry Winn as a counselor. He's probably the worst I've ever seen in my entire life. Evedn though at first he seems warm and nurturing. He's one reason we no longer have faith in the psych industry. I could go on and on - I'd be happy to e-mail you. Best regards -