Angela's Online Discussion Group

Considering the real-time nature of the message board(s), Human Earth Animal Liberation (HEAL) cannot review messages or confirm the validity of information posted. We do not actively monitor the contents of posted messages, are not responsible for any messages posted, do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of the Administrators or any entity or individual associated with HEAL. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact the Administrators immediately by email at info@heal-online.org. The Website Administrators may in its discretion remove such material, but neither the removal nor the failure to do so shall result in liability to anyone. Because removal is a manual process, removal or editing particular messages may not occur immediately.   Although the Administrators do not and cannot review the messages posted and are not responsible for the content of any of these messages, they reserve the right to delete any message for any reason whatsoever. You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold the Website harmless with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s).

Due to abuse of this forum it is now password protected.  To request the password, please send an e-mail to angela@heal-online.org, subject: bravenet forum password.  I will then send a verification e-mail to you and if approved, you will be given the password.  Survivors may express their feelings and thoughts with out editing them.  This is our message board and will be used and monitored to insure this remains a safe place for survivors, their families, and sympathetic parties to post their experiences.   In addition, HEAL has two additional and separate message boards.  Survivors and others wishing to discuss the behavior modification industry, please visit NEW FORUM at: http://heal-online.org/tinc?key=aOvhgoOX&start=-1&reverse=1  You may also visit www.heal-online.org for links to more forums.  We suggest you also utilize these boards as this board has limited space and therefore we are forced to delete messages from time to time.  If you have a news story you wish to share, please e-mail it to heal@heal-online.org and we will post it online at www.heal-online.org/news.htm.  Do not use this message board to post news reports.  Thank you.

Angela's Online Discussion Group
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Locked in a box

Iwas in Provo Canyon School for 22 months in the late 80s. The only reason I was allowed to leave then was because my insurance ran out or no doubt they would have kept me there until Iwas 18. My therapist, Steve Astle threatened many times that he would keep me until I was 21. I didn't see the light of day the first 8 months I was there. There are no windows in boy's intake and investment. I can't tell you how many times I was slammed to ground in dial 9s and locked in the box, often overnight. They even changed the box from a nice "comfortable" wood into the brightly lit cinderblock hells they ended up being.
I often still think of sitting in that place with nothing but underwear on carving drawings in the paint on the metal security door with a little chunk of cinderblock. Sitting on the concrete floor covered with dirt and hair, or pising down the drain in the corner. Jerking off or singing songs to pass the time. Sometimes the staff wouldn't check on you for hours. I also remember you only got fed twice a day when you were locked in and it was cold by the time they brought it to you. That Trio sure is refreshing after a long night though, warm or cold. The boy's boxes were in a hallway that led outdoors and sometimes they would open that door and it would be so cold but **** it smelled good. Crazy, huh?
The rest of the time I spent standing IPs. I remember the first couple months we could write papers with such thought provoking questions as "Why Am I Not Okey?", but that didn't last long. I think I spent at least 16 months of my life staring at a wall 1 foot from my face. I actually received the staggering amount of 4000 IPs for a runaway. Amazingly enough I remember having some very good friends there. I will never forget Provo Canyon School. I think of it every morning when I wake up.
Now I live in Mendocino, Ca and paint landscapes.

Re: Locked in a box

hey im lexi i went through the same bull**** you did plz write me back it would be cool to here the experience from a guys perspective

Re: Re: Locked in a box

It's against the law and the permanent injunctions against PCS to use isolation in those observation rooms as punishment - yet they continue to do this regardless of the rules against this. The Utah Core rules clearly state that isolation must not exceed 4 hours - and should be used only in extreme situations. It must not be used during normal sleep times - so it should not be used after 9 pm. No one should sleep in the observation room.

Isolation and seclusion can cause extreme mental anguish and could be considered torture under the Geneva Convention. Especially if it is used for long periods of time.

If this was done to you while you were a patient suffering from any form of mental illness it is also a violation of Federal law - US Code title 42 section 112.

It is essential that patients and other clients report such abuse to the proper authorities. Please do so....

Re: Locked in a box

Josh,

Hi! Lost your e-mail when my system crashed last year. Please contact me so I can keep in touch.

Peace,

Angela