Return to Website

Decorating Children's Rooms

Lets get Creative and turn those rooms into works of art!!

Decorating Children's Rooms
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ideas for boy's room

Your website is fantastic! I have 4 children. In the process of re-doing all their rooms. I have an 11 yr. old son who gave me several themes he likes, but I can not find any ideas for them. They are dragons (but not castles), science (chemistry and such), movie theater look, and hunting. Wide variety, but not common ideas!! Any ideas would be appreciated!! Also, got lots of ideas from your firefighter page for my 2 youngest sharing a room (5 yr. old boy & 5 mo. old girl-daddy's a fireman!) thanks!!

decided on dragons

Well, we have decided on a dragon only theme. Was able to find a comforter already in black, grey, and white with dragons. Would also like to know, on the second page of your teens site there is a link to the "pink room." Do you know where the bath rugs for that room were purchased? My oldest daughter really likes them. Thanks.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Your website is fantastic! I have 4 children. In the process of re-doing all their rooms. I have an 11 yr. old son who gave me several themes he likes, but I can not find any ideas for them. They are dragons (but not castles), science (chemistry and such), movie theater look, and hunting. Wide variety, but not common ideas!! Any ideas would be appreciated!! Also, got lots of ideas from your firefighter page for my 2 youngest sharing a room (5 yr. old boy & 5 mo. old girl-daddy's a fireman!) thanks!!

Re: decided on dragons

Hi Ami,

I emailed Kris regarding the mats...her reply:

~~~~~~~~~~~

I bought the bath mats from either Linens 'N Things or Bed, Bath and Beyond (they sit close together and are laid out the same, so I have trouble remembering which one....) in the summer of 2001, I haven't seen them there in quite a while, though. Sorry, wish I could be of more help.

Kris

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What ideas have you come up with for the Dragon room?

Would love to hear about it.

Marie

Replying to:

Well, we have decided on a dragon only theme. Was able to find a comforter already in black, grey, and white with dragons. Would also like to know, on the second page of your teens site there is a link to the "pink room." Do you know where the bath rugs for that room were purchased? My oldest daughter really likes them. Thanks.

Replying to:

Re: Re: decided on dragons

Since we just re-did this bedroom less than a year ago, and I already want to change it (I am really bad about that), I promised my husband that I would be try and be very creative and not spend a ton of money this time. So, after much thinking, we have come up with a few ideas. We are attempting to make this room, one which our soon will keep for several years! I am painting the lower half of the room in grey, then around the top of the walls by the ceiling, I am going to paint a jagged edge design in the grey also. Then, I am taking black light paint and putting a stripe right under the grey. I am going to paint his dresser black and paint dragons in between the drawer knobs. We are making a funky shaped black bookshelf, and possibly a dragon headboard. Also making a funky shaped large mirror. Found lots of dragon posters to buy and frame, a very nice dragon rug, and lots of dragon accessories. I'm still thinking. So, I will let you know what else I come up with!!

Replying to:

Hi Ami,

I emailed Kris regarding the mats...her reply:

~~~~~~~~~~~

I bought the bath mats from either Linens 'N Things or Bed, Bath and Beyond (they sit close together and are laid out the same, so I have trouble remembering which one....) in the summer of 2001, I haven't seen them there in quite a while, though. Sorry, wish I could be of more help.

Kris

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What ideas have you come up with for the Dragon room?

Would love to hear about it.

Marie

Replying to:

Replying to:

Re: decided on dragons

I have a question for you now. You mentioned that you purchased a comforter in black, grey, and white with dragons on it and you also purchased a dragon rug for your son's room. What was you purchasing/source information for these items? They sound like possibilities for my sons' own room.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Replying to:

Replying to:

Re: Re: decided on dragons

Hi-found the bedding at walmart. The rug was at home visions (I think!). Hope that helps!

Replying to:

I have a question for you now. You mentioned that you purchased a comforter in black, grey, and white with dragons on it and you also purchased a dragon rug for your son's room. What was you purchasing/source information for these items? They sound like possibilities for my sons' own room.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Replying to:

Replying to:

Re: Re: Re: decided on dragons

Thanks so much for the info!

--Jennifer

Replying to:

Hi-found the bedding at walmart. The rug was at home visions (I think!). Hope that helps!

Replying to:

Thanks,

Jennifer

Replying to:

Replying to: