DACA

Welcome to the forum. Feel free to post.  This is a family oriented site.  Flaming is non-productive and will be deleted.

DACA
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I GOTS ME A NEW LEG!!!

Sorry about being outa' touch for a while. I've been recouping at my daughter's house sense I got released from the hospital. Lee sent me the web link 'cause she figured we aughta' say howdy, so howdy!! I read up on all the recent post's and was sad to see what a crappy year some have had. Don't let it get ya' down. We have our mountains, we have our vallies. we tend to think of them as "our ups and Downs." I haven't been keeping score but I'm pretty sure the ups out number the downs. When I was told my leg had to go I got mad! I said "NO! THAT'S NOT AN OPTION!!!" They took the fu#&*ng thing anyway. Go figure. Then I was sent to physical rehab 5 days a week. The first day I couldn't do a single push up. Now I do 15 - 20 each morning just to warm up for my work out. I've lost nearly 50 lbs and I'm stronger than ever. I've got a brand new leg and I'm getting better at moving around on it with each passing hour. Soon I'll be riding again! It seems that the downs get us better prepared for the ups. So with that said I'll see ya' on the up side REAL SOON!
Hawgie

Re: I GOTS ME A NEW LEG!!!

Thanks for sharing that Hawgie. I'm so glad you're doing so much better. I'm not sure if anyone will recognize you when we finally get to see you though! But your words were very uplifting. Can't wait to see you and I truly believe we'll be seeing you up on your bike before long!

Regards,
Ben

Re: I GOTS ME A NEW LEG!!!

Hawgie!!!! All we can say is YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! You did real good and we are very proud of you; We know it wasn't easy to accept losing your leg, but it beats the alternative, right??? We thank God for every day we wake up........you are on the right track now big boy! Hopefully, you and Lee will be able to join us for dinner at Hooters one of these Wednesday evenings!!!!!! Eat some of those good wings!

We love ya!
Sue and Butch