3 Background.com - Message Board

START YOUR ENGINES - Feel free to post a message.

3 Background.com - Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Can anyone offer an explanation?

Well, I was sent to the casting call at the Casting Agent's office. My agent contacted her and said she thought it looked pretty good for me. Well, it's been over a month and I've heard nothing. I know I obviously didn't make it. I held out on it for so long because teenage girls, which is me, were supposed to be doing a different part. But I guess I didn't have what they were looking for.
So...do you guys think that it was one of these things:
1-No prior film/television/commercial experience(but she was impressed w/ my theatre experience).
2-I live 1 1/2 hours away from filming.
3-I wasn't the "look" that she was looking for.

Can anyone offer an explanation, or at least a thought on it? It'd be appreciated.

Re: Can anyone offer an explanation?

I think it was a combination of things. No prior experience, the time of the drive since they only paid you $6.00 an hour, and your age. They used mostly people in their 30's and up. I know some of this as fact because I was an extra for 4 days. 3 at the track in East Lincoln, and one at Rockingham and could have had 3 there but had prior engagements. I have been an extra in Stroker Ace, The Color Purple, Eddie and now "3". I was in my late 20's in Stroker Ace, a little older in The Color Purple and Eddie. I am now in my 50's and we even had some men that were in their 70's. Except for the children that were used I really never saw very many young people. It was mostly the 30's and up. If I can answer any more questions let me know. You can see from the pictures that are posted on the web site that I what I have said is the truth.

The way the pay was higher was because we worked 11 and 12 hour days.

On the last shooting day other than Friday and Saturday when the trailers were being shot we were on the set from 8am until 4pm then we filmed the victory celebration.

Yeah I know about those long days. At East Lincoln we worked 12-14 hour days but that was only time and 1/2 after 8 hours so the pay was still not that great. I was at Rockingham on the Thursday they filmed the victory circle at the Daytona win. I believe that we worked more than 8-4 but not much more because they had to get finished before it got dark. I can't wait to see the movie.

so what do you look like?

I'm supposing that was for me...so...
I'm 5'5", 16 years old, golden brown hair, green eyes, and i don't really know how old I actually look,lol. I get different stuff, so I'm going to say I look 16.

Also, thanks a lot for any explanations!! It was a big help

Hi Jayne! They used young girls 19-25 years old at Lake Norman Rookie of the Year set.They were real attractive.I was in the Dirttrack set,Lake Norman set and could have been in the Rock set if not for prior engagements and I drove 2 hrs away from Burlington.I was an extra in the movie Eddie and Bon Jovi movie also,but anyway Im not sure why they didnt use you,guess Tona would have to answer that.
Distance,Experience shouldnt have mattered,as far as looks,their were all types at all the locations.

In response to scotty who lives in whoville!!!! Who was your agent for all these extra roles that you have been in. Was it Tammy or was it Nan Dee?