The Navigator Stove Forum

The Navigator Stove Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Airstream installation

Did you install the stove in your airstream? I have a 1965 airstream and thinking of installing the Sardine. Was wondering how you went through the roof, what you used. Any photos and advise would be appreciated. Frankie

I too would be very interested to know what to use to get a 4" pipe through a metal roof. I built me'self a 40' land yacht up here in the great white north and propane ain't cuttin it.

I know how to do the sheilding, have the stove, initial oval to circle 2' piece, an adjustable 4" elbow and a 4" damper, but no idea where to get a 4" passthrough.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Install the stove just as you would for a residential install using insulated pipe to go through the roof. A/NSW

Hi,

I too am thinking of installing one of these beauties in my Argosy Airstream. I understand that they are to be installed as one would in a home using insulated pipe, that makes total sense, but what about chimney height AFTER we've penetrated the trailer roof? How far up must we go? What about flashing on the curved exterior of the trailer? Any pictures or advice would be much appreciated.

And can we buy the required insulated pipe from you guys or do we need to get that somewhere else?

Thank you!

Maria

Hello. I'm also considering putting a unit in an airstream ('61 22ft in my case), probably a sardine. The trailer has an existing vent that was previously used for a propane hot water heater. The hot water heater was removed before I purchased the trailer, but the vent is still there. It looks to be 3.5 inches. A few questions: Any problem in theory with using a vent originally set up for a hot water heater? Would a stove vent need to be installed differently for any reason? Any problem with narrowing the pipe to 3.5 inch using a connector? The placement I'd like to use would cause me to run the vent at an angle of something like 30 to 45 degrees from horizontal for a distance of about 2 feet. Any foreseen problems with that?

Thanks for any insights!
Jon

J,

Pipe installed for hot water heaters does not cut it for woodstoves. You will need to use 4" insulated pipe. Send us an email to request the info PDF's.
The pipe "offset" you mention is not a problem. You will need a pair of adjustable elbows. A/NSW

Installed in a 1968 Airstream would be happy to send all photos and equipment necessary