The Navigator Stove Forum

The Navigator Stove Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: stove size and flue position

Theresa,

hmmm, sounds like a nice voyaging vessel.

i think size is best determined if you are cooking on the stove or just using it for heat. if just heat then i would go with the smalle stove. this would allow you to burn the stove at a more effient setting and you would not get overheated as much.

as for vent pipe location others may be better to answer, but that is supposed to generally be a good location. mine will be near the end of the coach roof.

however, underway with a water deck iron and single wall pipe i think is a big safety issue. i don't see how you are going to keep water in that in any kind of a seaway, and water is necessary for safety of the system. however, with a steel deck you might be better than most with those issues.

i am looking at an engineered solition to this issue similar to the bubble deck fire stop, available in the UK.

tom

Tom,

Thanks for the feedback. I will only be using the stove for heat as I have a cooker in the galley.
Apparently, I need to contemplate the installation details a bit more as I hadn't even thought about the water trough issue underway - it would surely be an issue. Perhaps knowing it will be warm and cozy soon after the hook is set will be good enough!

Theresa

A water deck iron will hold a small amt. of water even while under way heeled over. If you are thrashing about wildly where water gets pitched out of the iron, you are unlikely to be using the stove anyway in such conditions. Wood does not seem to burn well when its tumbled about inside an iron box. Moral of the story is... that if you are comfortable using the stove that the iron will be happy too in those conditions as well.

Andrew / Navigator Stoves.