CHICtribute.com Forum

Here you can discuss articles, records or other things CHIC related. You can place an ad for record/videoclip trade or other things CHIC related. Or post a question you always wanted to know about CHIC or things related.

FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
DIANA ROSS - Rescue Me (1984) (NILE, BERNARD and TONY playing together in my opinion)

Magnificent cover done by DIANA ROSS of the song "Rescue Me" by FONTELLA BASS from 1965. This song appears in the excellent album "Swept Away" from 1984. Unfortunately the list of musicians in the credits on this album is not specific and is still incomplete (TONY THOMPSON, JIMMY BRALOWER, ARTHUR BARROW and other musicians also participated in the project). In my opinion this song is another song of 1984 with the participation of the geniuses of CHIC ORGANIZATION (NILE RODGERS, BERNARD EDWARDS and TONY THOMPSON) playing together. The other songs from 1984 with the participation of the geniuses of CHIC ORGANIZATION playing together are: "Like A Virgin", "Material Girl", "Love Don't Live Here Anymore" and "Shoo-Bee-Doo" by MADONNA and "Telephone" by DIANA ROSS.

DIANA ROSS - Rescue Me (2:40)
Produced by DIANA ROSS (1984)
Written by CARL SMITH and RAYNARD MINER
Engineered by LARRY ALEXANDER
Musicians on this song (my opinion):
Vocals by DIANA ROSS
Bass by BERNARD EDWARDS
Drums by TONY THOMPSON
All Guitars by NILE RODGERS
Keyboards by Unknown
Saxophone by MICHAEL BRECKER
Trumpet by RANDY BRECKER
Video (Audio only):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVvQyDfhGYc

Re: DIANA ROSS - Rescue Me (1984) (NILE, BERNARD and TONY playing together in my opinion)

I read an interview of Tony Thompson in "Modern drummer" magazine in 1985.
He was a little bit disappointed not to be credited on the Swept Away LP.
Diana said there was not enough place in the inside sleeve to mention all the musicians...

You're right Alex it's Nile Rodgers guitar on Rescue me and I also think he recorded that song with Nard and Tony

Re: DIANA ROSS - Rescue Me (1984) (NILE, BERNARD and TONY playing together in my opinion)

In the not-so-distant past, I was once a struggling student navigating the tumultuous waters of academia, battling the overwhelming waves of exam anxiety. However, my journey took a remarkable turn for the better when I discovered the transformative power of the Take My Online Finance Exam For Me service. This invaluable resource not only served as a lifeline but also became my beacon of hope, ultimately leading me to triumph over adversity and instilling within me the enduring confidence to conquer any academic challenge that lay ahead.