CHICtribute.com Forum

Here you can discuss articles, records or other things CHIC related. You can place an ad for record/videoclip trade or other things CHIC related. Or post a question you always wanted to know about CHIC or things related.

FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
NILE RODGERS archived more than 700 tracks (demos + unreleased songs)

Simply unbelievable messages of extraordinary producer and musician NILE RODGERS in his Twitter:

NILE RODGERS:
We've archived more than 700 tracks-My tech says we have many more to go-We used to record almost every day for 15 years 5:05 PM Jan 20th from TweetDeck

Other unbelievable messages from NILE in his Twitter:
01) Trying to fall asleep playing a beautiful song I wrote 4 Diana that never came out called Queen-About a girl's lifetime of abuse-Tearjerking 1:46 AM Dec 29th, 2009 from TweetDeck

02) Found demo in a car that I bought in 97' don't know why Diana put song out-RT @AlyEdun:Now this 'Queen' I would love to hear! 7:39 AM Dec 29th, 2009 from TweetDeck

03) Wrking on new CHIC/gigs & recrds & Orig Demo releases RT @jeruelle:Know the feeling of recording somthing over & over-Any big events ur way? 6:33 AM Dec 30th, 2009 from TweetDeck

04) My archivist found a Paula Abdul demo-CHIC singing Let's Bounce written for Paula but she left label I gave it 2 Brett http://bit.ly/62Of6e 9:13 PM Jan 8th from TweetDeck

05) Robert Drake engineered CHIC's 1st two original sessions sent an email saying he's got a board mix of this song-http://bit.ly/4JPap4 (CHIC - "Sao Paulo") 2:18 PM Jan 11th from TweetDeck

06) Gotta hit the studio b4 board meeting @threedotdashorg-The new music is hot-Collection of cassettes old grooves and collabos 7:11 AM Jan 12th from TweetDeck

07) My 16 yr old archivist Samantha found a MONSTEROUSLY Funky unlabeled demo-Sounds like me and Tony Thompson in the Bowie period 8:44 AM Jan 12th from TweetDeck

08) Samantha found so much stuff I'm awe struck-Cassette labels frequently fall off-You have to listen to both side the tape completely 9:13 AM Jan 12th from TweetDeck

09) @GypsumFantastic After we get everything archived we are going to put some of this music up-I PROMISE 9:18 AM Jan 12th from TweetDeck in reply to GypsumFantastic

10) It's a big job cataloging all the music in my cassette archive-Once I get it done I will share it-I want it to be heard 9:22 AM Jan 12th from TweetDeck

11) On my way to DC-Going to listen to a massive amount of original CHIC Org cassette demos that have been transfered to digi on the train 10:55 AM Jan 18th from TweetDeck

12) @cobbyco Get back at me and I'll let you know what I find-Many of these cassettes have no labels 11:50 AM Jan 18th from TweetDeck in reply to cobbyco

13) Almost in DC-Long train delays-I have a huge collection of tapes Interesting to hear songs that sound great now but didn't make the cut then 3:17 PM Jan 18th from TweetDeck

14) In bed in DC after a long trip and a very nice meal-After all of these old cassettes get archived I will get them out-Tons of new/old music 9:00 PM Jan 18th from TweetDeck

15) Half the fun of old cassettes is what we talked about between songs-Ice-T in our studio, Phillip Bailey, MC Shan,Diana-It's a time capsule 9:17 PM Jan 18th from TweetDeck

16) In the next few weeks I'll start to post original demos-All music will be archived to the best of my ability-Musicians-Studio-Dates etc 5:50 AM Jan 19th from TweetDeck

17) @BrenMod Some of it is really funny, but all of it is very Funky-We started pushing the limits of Pop Jazz Funk after writing Johnny Mathis 6:01 AM Jan 19th from TweetDeck in reply to BrenMod

18) @Paul_McGee You will get your box set at some point in the future-There are rights issues w/many of those masters 6:10 AM Jan 19th from TweetDeck in reply to Paul_McGee

19) I hit you w a text to let you know I'm running a little late. Tried to call but your box is full. 10:48 AM Jan 19th from txt

20) I can't digest all the music in my MASSIVE cassette library-Got Al Jarreau singing a demo for me & he's killing it 5:14 AM Jan 21st from TweetDeck

21) Haha-Just found a few tracks from the "Freestyle" Days-Some call it Latin Hip Hop-I'm loving these drum sounds-pre Lisa Lisa 5:36 AM Jan 21st from TweetDeck

22) I'm amazed how many artists sent me demos-Andy Summers sent me a bunch that are SO IMPRESSIVE!-Don't think this ever came out 5:39 AM Jan 21st from TweetDeck

23) I found different versions of B-52s songs in development-Amazing to hear a song blossom from a seed of an idea 5:44 AM Jan 21st from TweetDeck

24) I have to get back to work or I'll never stop listening-Props to Sam Sanchez she's archiving very well 5:48 AM Jan 21st from TweetDeck

25) Haha-One more thing this is too funny-I just listened to a funny version of Madonna singing Over And Over-I'm glad we didn't do it like this 6:07 AM Jan 21st from TweetDeck

26) I found a track that sounds like me playing but I don't remember the song-It's Duran Duran or Arcadia-It'll take years 2 call everybody about 23 hours ago from TweetDeck

27) My favorite demos so far are Al Jarreau scatting while the band is playing-Fantastic!! about 23 hours ago from TweetDeck

28) Been up 4 two nights listening to old demos-"I don't want to live in the past but it's a nice place to visit!"-Gotta