CHICtribute.com Forum

Here you can discuss articles, records or other things CHIC related. You can place an ad for record/videoclip trade or other things CHIC related. Or post a question you always wanted to know about CHIC or things related.

FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
REVELATION - "Feel It" Album (1980/1981) (NILE RODGERS plays guitar on all tracks)

This is their self-titled LP from 1980, but with a different cover that also has the title of "Feel It", states the year of 1981 and includes the song "Walk On The Wide Side" (B-Side of "Feel It" 12" Single). I put as Bonus Track the 12" Version of "Stand Up". Until today I don't understand how anyone can say about this incredible album and the participation of extraordinary NILE RODGERS playing guitar on all tracks. The only song that speaks of this album is a known "Feel It", an amazing song that the whole world knows the participation of NILE RODGERS playing guitar in this song. Who listens to all the songs can easily hear the guitar played by NILE RODGERS, his touch is unique. In 1980 and 1981 NILE RODGERS was already a devoted musician and producer in the world, and the group REVELATION made the right choice putting NILE on all tracks, has always been very clear that NILE RODGERS is a genius. This album also has the participation of the magnificent musician RANDY BRECKER on horns. As the treasures of the CHIC ORGANIZATION (CHIC Box Set, JOHNNY MATHIS and FONZI THORNTON) will be released only next year, now we have the opportunity to hear these 10 "lost wonderful songs" (+ "Feel It") from 1980 and 1981 with the incredible guitar played by NILE RODGERS. Enjoy.

REVELATION - "Feel It" Album (1980/1981)
Tracks 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08 and 09:
Produced and Mixed by JIMMY SIMPSON (1980)
Engineered by MICHAEL HUTCHINSON
Track 10:
Produced by BENNY DIGGS (1981)
Arranged by BENNY DIGGS and JOSEPH JOUBERT
Track 11:
Produced and Mixed by JIMMY SIMPSON (1981)
Engineered by JOHN POTOKER

REVELATION: BENNY DIGGS, JOSEPH JOUBERT, ARNOLD McCULLER and PHILLIP BALLOU
Strings and Horns Arranged by JOSEPH JOUBERT and RAY CHEW
Special Guests:
RANDY BRECKER, Horns, Courtesy of Arista Records
NILE RODGERS, Guitar, The CHIC ORGANIZATION Ltd., Courtesy of Atlantic Records

Tracklist:
01) Feel It (Album/12" Version) (5:38) (1980)
My opinion: amazing song, NILE RODGERS playing guitar.

02) Love Comes Around (3:57) (1980)
My opinion: beautiful ballad, NILE RODGERS playing guitar.

03) Touch The Magic Of Love (4:22) (1980)
My opinion: nice song, NILE RODGERS playing guitar.

04) We Both Tried (5:06) (1980)
My opinion: beautiful ballad, NILE RODGERS plays the guitar in the same style that he played in the song "Dreaming" of STACY LATTISAW, also in 1980.

05) Stand Up (Album Version) (3:19) (1980)
My opinion: amazing cover of the song of DELEGATION, NILE RODGERS playing guitar.

06) When I Fall In Love (3:05) (1980)
My opinion: beautiful ballad, NILE RODGERS playing guitar.

07) Yellow Submarine (4:21) (1980)
My opinion: the best song of this fantastic album, certainly the best BEATLES cover I've ever heard, better than the fabulous cover "Dear Prudence" of SIOUXSIE & THE BANSHEES, NILE RODGERS playing guitar.

08) Second Chance (3:43) (1980)
My opinion: beautiful song, NILE RODGERS playing guitar.

09) I Don't Want You Anymore (5:16) (1980)
My opinion: very nice song, NILE RODGERS playing guitar.

10) Walk On The Wild Side (6:45) (B-Side of Feel It 12" Single) (1981)
My opinion: very nice song, NILE RODGERS playing guitar.

Bonus Track:
11) Stand Up (12" Version) (4:59) (1981)
My opinion: wonderful version, NILE RODGERS playing guitar.

Link to "Feel It" Album (Tracks 01-10) (54 MB) (Special thanks to the http://souldeepmusic.blogspot.com/):
http://rapidshare.com/files/266870534/r_fi.rar
NOTE: I didn't need a password to extract the mp3, but if someone need to use: dsm or sb

Link to Bonus Track "Stand Up (12" Version)" (Track 11) (6.8 MB):
http://www.mediafire.com/?mtmm1gggtmn