CHICtribute.com Forum

Here you can discuss articles, records or other things CHIC related. You can place an ad for record/videoclip trade or other things CHIC related. Or post a question you always wanted to know about CHIC or things related.

FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
TINA ARENA - Soul Mate #9 (CD Maxi-Single) and "It's Tonight" (unbelievable song)

The sweet song "Soul Mate #9" was produced by NILE RODGERS and is part of the album "Just Me" (2001). In this album the very nice songs "Dare You To Be Happy", "But I Lied" and "If You Ever" are also produced by NILE RODGERS. In these 4 tracks NILE RODGERS and RICHARD HILTON participate as musicians. The CD Maxi-Single "Soul Mate #9" was released in 2001 and ncontains 4 tracks, 3 versions of the song "Soul Mate #9" and the amazing and very rare song "It's Tonight" (B-Side that would be A-Side without any doubt), which I say in my humble opinion that NILE RODGERS is playing the guitar. I came to this conclusion for 3 reasons:
1) NILE RODGERS is a tremendous musician, he plays various styles, and the sound of the guitar in this song reminds NILE RODGERS.
2) This CD Maxi-Single is a product of NILE, and this song is also part of this product, then we could have NILE RODGERS as a musician, even though this song was not produced by him, was produced by CRAIG BARTOCK.
3) The song "It's Tonight" was written by the same trio who wrote another song produced by NILE RODGERS ("But I Lied"): TINA ARENA, CRAIG BARTOCK and AMY POWERS.
So, in my opinion, the best music I've ever heard of the great singer TINA ARENA is the guitar of NILE, and after listening to it and following my reasoning, what do you think? Someone who has direct contact with NILE RODGERS could question him about.

TINA ARENA - Soul Mate #9 CD Maxi-Single (2001):

Tracklisting:
1) Soul Mate #9 (Album Version) (3:26)
Produced by NILE RODGERS
Written by TINA ARENA, DESMOND CHILD and PETER AMATO
Engineered and Mixed by RICHARD HILTON
Guitar by NILE RODGERS
Keyboards by RICHARD HILTON
Programmed by RICHARD HILTON

2) Soul Mate #9 (Nathan G Volume Radio Edit Version) (3:18)
Produced by NILE RODGERS
Additional Production by NATHAN G
Remix by NATHAN G

3) Soul Mate #9 (Big Boyz Remix Version) (4:04)
Produced by JAY DEE and MIKE LEWIN (credited as ""MAD" MIKE LEWIN")

4) It's Tonight (4:20)
Produced by CRAIG BARTOCK
Written by TINA ARENA, CRAIG BARTOCK and AMY POWERS
Guitar by NILE RODGERS (in my humble opinion!!!)

Link Soul Mate #9.zip (20.53 MB):
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?gmtyvtwomdu

"It's Tonight" Lyrics:
You're like a shooting star. Sparks are flying everywhere.
No matter where you are, they're gonna follow you right there.
(You've gotta find them.)

Come into my ray of light, it's a slice of heaven called sheer delight.
If you can't escape the light of day, baby wait.
Anything you wanna do to satisfy, it's alright.
Yesterday is gone, tomorrow's out of sight... It's tonight.

Come on get on your feet & let the music take you there.
Change your reality & feel the fire if you dare. (You're gonna find it.)
Come into my ray of light, it's a slice of heaven called sheer delight.
If you can't escape the light of day, baby wait.

Leave the tired world in tatters, here & now is all that matters.
Allison who met mad hatters had it right... It's tonight.
Go into imagination, feel the silence & sensation.
Your life is your own creation, make it bright.
You're like a shooting star. No matter where you are.

Go into imaginaton, feel the silence & sensation. (it's tonight)
Your life is your own creation, make it bright. (it's tonight)
Leave your tired world in tatters, here & now is all that matters.
(it's tonight)
Allison who met mad hatters had it right. Ooh Yeah
Go into imagination, feel the silence & sensation. (it's tonight)
Your life is your own creation, make it bright. Hey Yeah
It's tonight. Yeah, Yeah, Yeah

Re: TINA ARENA - Soul Mate #9 (CD Maxi-Single) and "It's Tonight" (unbelievable song)

i don't think nile was involved with the song "it's tonight" at all.

i loved working with tina - she's an incredible singer and a very loving and passionate person.

i wish all the chic fans well!

love to all,
Richard Hilton

Re: TINA ARENA - Soul Mate #9 (CD Maxi-Single) and "It's Tonight" (unbelievable song)

We all love you too RICHARD HILTON, you are a formidable musician and a great guy, I didn't know personally but those who know you have this opinion, I believe these people. I always had the opinion that NILE RODGERS, despite being a genius, he also always been a very lucky guy, because working with musicians and engineers such as BOB CLEARMOUNTAIN, JASON CORSARO, JIMMY BRALOWER, KEVIN JONES, JAMES FARBER, PHILIPPE SAISSE, PETER SCHERER, KNUT BOHN, TOM DURACK, JON GOLDBERGER, GARY TOLE and RICHARD HILTON must be fantastic. And all the fans of CHIC in the world has an enormous pleasure for having RICHARD HILTON as a member of CHIC too. In relation to the song "It's Tonight", even if you think that NILE is not playing (I respect this opinion), you don't have 100% certainty, I still think it should be NILE RODGERS on guitar, for all we have absolutely sure, you could ask him?
Thank you very much,
Alex

hi alex and everybody

thank you so much for your kind words. i've been very fortunate in my life to get to work with such great people, and to work with nile for these 21 years. thank goodness that part of it continues, even as they tour with a new chic band.

they have just left for a tour of europe, but i will try and ask him after they get back.

best to everyone,
Rich