CHICtribute.com Forum

Here you can discuss articles, records or other things CHIC related. You can place an ad for record/videoclip trade or other things CHIC related. Or post a question you always wanted to know about CHIC or things related.

FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The CHIC Box may be released soon

According to information given by french CHIC Fan BerNile who has email contact with Nile Rodgers, the CHIC Box will be released very soon including 5 CD !!!

Another CD with a live performance of CHIC Classic (with Alfa, Luci, Tony, Bernard and Nile) in Las Vegas will be released too !!!

Thank's to www.c-chic.com and his webmaster Thierry for these informations

Re: The CHIC Box may be released soon

I was very excited to hear about the box set and a live album to be released. However, it is now almost two months later and no other news about this has surfaced... :-( I hope this will not turn into another waiting game like the new Chic album we have been promised for several years now...

It's been more than 8 years we wait for the already recorded and soon released new CHIC LP
I think Nile Rodgers has his own notion of "time".
Maybe "soon" is not the same for him and for us

Hi Frenchic/Rick,

Do you know if Nile is going to release the CD on his own record label or will it be a a regular bigger record company? If it would be the last, than it might be so that Chic music is not commercial attractive enough.....???

I think the CHIC Box will be released on Rhino or a Warner label as the re-issue of all the LP on CD.
Nile Rodgers is not the owner of the original CHIC recordings.
The new CHIC album will surely be released on Nile Rodgers own label Sumthing Record and be distributed by a great company.

A CHIC box must contain some never before released on CD stuff like the 10:50-ish min. promo mix of "I Want Your Love" which was released in 1978. I'd also like all the 12" promo mixes CHIC has ever released. Not to mention CHIC's Johnny Mathis and Fonzi Thornton albums, and the "Soup For One OST" tracks that never made it to CD. And Nile Rodgers first solo which strangely has never been released on CD???

Nile surely still has some of the jamming tapes with him and Bernard, hidden in some box in his cellar, they would be super to include in a box. Pure CHIC gold so to speak.

There's lot's of unreleased stuff that we fans would die to listen to, but whoever listened to the fans when it comes to releases such as this. Usually we get some halfhearted scraps from company's such as Rhino or Warner. Surprise me please!!!! and get a box worthy of CHIC's legacy out! If not, don't bother!

But to get all this someone has to light a fire under the asses of the right people.

BTW: NILE!!!! We have now waited 7 years for the new CHIC album???? Do you really think it is fair for us to wait much longer??? A perfect release situation may never come. Come on dude, take a chance, and let us finally hear what you've got.

I agree with you, Pocat, this waiting is just getting ridiculous. The anniversary of Bernard's passing would have been the perfect opportunity for the new album to be released so why they missed out is beyond me...

And I'm not holding my breath for the Chic box set either, it's been months after the announcement and still no details let alone a possible release date. Come on Nile, people want this BADLY, get this out in the shops before Christmas!

(all the things you mentioned sound great, didn't even know there was a promo remix of IWYL...). I also would like the Why instrumental (long version) to be included, as well as the 12" of Soup For One.

And preferably no remixes, except maybe the Chic Cheer 1984 remix!

I'm ok with Rick : no horrible remixes (except Nile or Bernard remixes) in the CHIC box !!!

During the check sound of CHIC gig in Polé Polé Festival in 2006, we heard Nile Rodgers and Barry Johnson (on bass) jamming on a completely unknown groove.
We were two "very hard" CHIC fans and none of us recognized the song.
It was a totally CHIC groove and it sound as the best CHIC hours.
We thought (and hoped) maybe it was part on the new CD...
At the end of the gig I asked Nile for the new CD and he answered me it will be released at the end of the year (in 2006)...
I don't know where is the problem.

One hope too for the new CD : we miss the strings, the CHIC strings...

Hi all,
Maybe Richard Hilton has more info? Richard???
Take care, Dave