CHICtribute.com Forum

Here you can discuss articles, records or other things CHIC related. You can place an ad for record/videoclip trade or other things CHIC related. Or post a question you always wanted to know about CHIC or things related.

FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ALFA ANDERSON

She should get more props than either Lucy or Norma Jean....Luther brought her in on day one, then CHIC made her perm when Luther stopped guest appearing the shows....She graced ALL the album covers that show CHIC, and sang on ALL the hits, mostly lead, and has a more musical background than either Norma Jean, and Lucy combined....Why is she never mentioned?...She was credited (back in the day) as the 'glue' that holds CHIC together, but she has to be the least celebrated member...even less than michelle and fonzi....for the actual record, Norma-Jean was only on ONE album, and that album had NO number ones....Alfa sang lead for LeFreak, Good Times, I want your love, At Last i am free, and others....Why is she snubbed out all the time?

Re: ALFA ANDERSON

I guess Norma Jean and Luci Martin have been more active in popular music since they left CHIC and that's why they are mentioned more. It also seems that Alfa is a more private person, when it comes to talking about CHIC.

This site is dependent on the info it is able to get from fans and other news. If I get info on Alfa, or article's about her, or gig info, I will post them.

Nah, Alfa toured with luther for the longest as the lead background coordinator...she was instrumental with hiring Lisa Fisher.....

well, if you want any info on her, holla@ me...she is my godmother, and has been my godmother since BEFORE Luther and Chic...She has been blackballed by the big chic homey....the big homey should make it right, I'd suspect....

Also , it would be very nice if you could find the 'give me the lovin' video, starring myself(acting as Bernard)....

I have always loved Alfa, to me she and Luci are the ultimate singers of Chic. It was because of them that I became a fan in 1978 and still am today. I love Norma Jean too, her solo album is a classic, but to me Chic will always be identified with Alfa and Luci up front.

I hope she realizes that there's a lot of fans who feel the way that I do- I would give anything to see Alfa and Luci perform together again, but I suppose that is not likely to happen- let alone a reunion of Alfa, Luci, Nile and Fonzi...

Being a CHIC fan since the begining and talking with other CHIC fans, I can say Alfa Anderson and Luci Martin are considered as THE Classic CHIC Ladies.
Everybody knows she was the lead singer of maybe the more classical CHIC song " I want your love" (see the video on Youitube)
And we love Norma Jean Wright too.
I agree when Pocat (hi good friend !) said Alfa seems to be a more private person.
Last year for Alfa's birthday, there was a special video tribute on nthis website !
But il will be a geat great pleasure to have some news and some words of Alfa.
I read she was contacted by Nile and Bernard for the 1992 new LP CHIC-ISM but she was on tour with Luther Vandross.
We know she was a school director and is now member of "The Voices Of Shalom" and we found some photos of her on the net.

I am totally sure the new CHIC Ladies (Sylver Logan Sharp and Jessica Wagner) had great respect for the Classic CHIC Ladies.
And if we had a dream, it will be a gig with all the CHIC members and the 5 CHIC Ladies for a tribute to Bernard Edwards.

Total respect and love to Madame Alfa Anderson.

I actually know why, but I think that is highly unfair...a spade is only a spade, and it is fair to call it one if it walks, talks, and smells like one....I tell you, Alfa would LOVE to go back out with some form of CHIC, but this is Mr Rodgers neighborhood, and he is not feeling that 'friendly', if you know what I mean....She came up with the Idea of the 1st Ladies of CHIC, and rumor has it that she was sued to stop immediate;y, but Norma Jean, Luci, and dig this Fonzi, were all allowed to tour....now I know that Fonzi, luther, and Nile all went to the same high school, but ****, give a squirrel a nut...Fonzi was the back-up's back-up....All I am really saying is that Alfa shoulc not only be included, but mentioned a hell of a lot more than Norma Jean(no disrespect), and just as eaually, or moreso than Luci....

Hi' Day'

My turn to say a little word on my dear Alfa !.. Well, to me, Alfa was, is, and will always be THE Best CHIC singer ever !!!.. She is the one !.. I fall in love with her, as soon as I saw her for the 1st time in 1978. I DO LOVE her voice, her Style, her gesture, her face, the way she was moving... anything, she makes me dream !!!..
Lead singer of my fav' CHIC song ever, "At last I am free", she is, to me, as huge for the band, than Nile or my dearest 'Nard. By the way, I've always noticed that, most of the time, on videos or pictures, she was very close to 'Nard !..
Some here, already know that, I'm collecting every album in which, any member of Big Time CHIC, had been involved.
My pleasure is, to listen to Alfa's voice on "Turn the girl loose", on the Mick Jagger's "She's the boss" album (some songs were produced by Nile), arguing with him (so short !..).
I also love to hear her on the Doc Powell's album "Love is where it's at", for instance, or GANG OF FOUR...
Years ago, I've tried to order the 2 CD's of The Voices Of Shalom with the help of her husband, unfortunatly we couldn't make it... but I will someday !!!..
I miss Alfa so very much, I wish I could see and hear her singing live one day !!!..
Please, tell THE VOICE, that WE STILL DO LOVE HER !!!.. On our French site, SHE is definitely one of the FAV'... and especially mine !!!..

'Trice

Thanks FrenCHIC for coming to my aid, mentioning my tribute video (such as it was) when Alfa turned 60. It is very hard to be accused of not mentioning her enough, since she is my no. 1 fav. CHIC Lady (even if I love all of them, Alfa was the one I was in love with).

I can't very well present something I don't have. Norma Jean is mentioned a lot (together w. Luci) because I am in touch with her, and get info from her, and also was allowed to do an interview with her (back in 2001). Nothing of this kind of relationship exists with Alfa, even though I've tried to contact her on several occasions.

For the record (and that is all I can report): Nile and the current CHIC set have been nothing but respectful, and praising of Alfa when talking to me about the classic CHIC set. I have in no way been influenced or pressured by Nile in regards to Alfa. In my dealing with Nile he has been nothing but kind and helpful. As have all of the other CHIC members I'm in contact with.

'Nard. By the way, I've always noticed that, most of the time, on videos or pictures, she was very close to 'Nard !..

yep...BTW, I am not 'slamming anyone' in particular regarding why from CHIC's perspective, Alfa is not mentioned more, I'm just stating the obvious...I am still probably CHIC's youngest biggest fan w/unheard songs that would make NILE cringe....I have a studio outake of Get By...in which Luthers vocals are very strong in the song...WHo, after all can say that they have been in the studio with CHIC more than once, and be only 33....And to further answer quaetions, Yes, I also have everything that ALFA ever did...even Roxy, and Montreaux...I guess that all im petitioning for is for her to be able to go out and perform CHIC songs, or at least the ones she sang lead on...Right now she cannot do that w/out legal ramificationa...Maybe it is largely because structually, she is listed as a replacement for Noprma Jean, but they need to out that, and let her do her thing, I mean, you really only get one life, and it ain't taking any money out of CHIC's pocket...I'd argue that it would only enhance CHIC, and 1st ladies of CHIC...I would include her before Fonzi, who I also hold high regards as a vocal contractor...

Day,

I remember the "Give Me the Lovin'" video. It was really cute as a bunch of kids played the roles of the band members. I only saw it once and would love to see it again.

To me, Alfa Anderson will always be THE voice of Chic.

I have been a Chic fan since 1978, the very first time I heard Le' Freak. I was a regular on this site until maybe a year ago. All the bad blood and unrest, I had to put my favorite band of all time to rest, it was truly depressing me.
But I logged on today, for old time sake and had to respond when I read this post.

Let me please tell you - we absolutely love Alfa and always have. I for one did not mention her much when posting on this site because (no disrespect) she seems to have put this part of her life behind her.
I was so **** proud to read that she was a Principal; I knew she was in the educational field when she joined Chic. That is a heck of an accomplishment to have not one but two successful careers, something strong to fall back on when your performing days are over.
I also was real happy to hear that she had release a Gospel album with her husband, and tried in vain to get it. Was also glad to hear that Alfa and Luci still communciate and get along very well. I will admit that Luci is and always will be my favorite. But Alfa has not and will never be forgotten. When I think of Chic as someone posted earlier it is always with Alfa and Luci.

Hi Pocat!

Chic speaks for itself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2vBqGfbDng

Get excited! Those troublesome exams won't stand a chance against our remarkable take my exam for me service. Our superstar team is ready to guide you to victory! Forget about the stress and visualize the incredible results. We're here to help you shine!