CHICtribute.com Forum

Here you can discuss articles, records or other things CHIC related. You can place an ad for record/videoclip trade or other things CHIC related. Or post a question you always wanted to know about CHIC or things related.

FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Box Set

Great news to hear that a Chic Box Set is going to be released in May. It's got me really excited but mainly because I'm keeping my fingers crossed it's going to have some unreleased stuff on it. If it's only things that have been released before it'll be nice to add to the collection but at the end of the day if it's music you've already got..........you've already got it!

My concern is that I've never heard anything unreleased by Chic, the group, only the Mathis/Thornton albums neither of which WEA have any rights to as far as I'm aware.

My guess, unfortunately , is that it's just going to be Best of Chic Volumes 1 and 2 CDs already available put together and in a box; but I live in hope!

Re: Box Set

Just got news that the new Box Set will NOT contain any unreleased material so pretty much as I thought unfortunately.

Maybe the new album, if ever released, will being us some new stuff.

Darn, I knew a box set with unreleased stuff would have been too good to be true. But I hope it will at least have some things that have not appeared on cd yet, such as the Fonzi Thornton track from Soup For One and the 12" of "Why".

Hi Rick, the 12" of "Why" is on the various artists CD "Hed Kandi Back To Love 03.02" You should be able to get it quite easily through the usual online retailers. Hope this is usefull.

Wow, didn't know that about the Hed Kandi cd- just ordered it, thanks so much :-)

Rick