CHICtribute.com Forum

Here you can discuss articles, records or other things CHIC related. You can place an ad for record/videoclip trade or other things CHIC related. Or post a question you always wanted to know about CHIC or things related.

FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
CHIC'S "BELIEVER" & "TAKE IT OFF" CD REISSUE

Some good news-Chic's rare cd is getting re-issued on the Wounded Bird label 27th November. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Believer-Chic/dp/B000JVSWE6/sr=1-13/qid=1164299342/ref=sr_1_13/202-8543684-8688617?ie=UTF8&s=music

I can't say whether or not if it's from the original masters but retails at £8.99 pounds sterling. "Take It Off" is also being re-issued for the same price. Possible tracklisting error, they've omitted "Burn Hard" for "Play Ray"(!!?!)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Take-Off-Chic/dp/B000JVSWD2/sr=1-14/qid=1164299694/ref=sr_1_14/202-8543684-8688617?ie=UTF8&s=music

Re: CHIC'S "BELIEVER" & "TAKE IT OFF" CD REISSUE

Does anyone have these reissues yet? Are they remastered or the same as the previous Japanese/European masters?

Thanks for letting us know! :-)

Hi dude, I received my copy of "Believer" a few days ago-about 6 weeks after ordering. The sound is wonderful, crisp & "cd clear". I'm a happy chappy! I would recommend you buy a copy. You won't be disappointed. Here's some info from Wounded Bird's website:

Wounded Bird Records was formed in 1998 as a label that specializes in the reissue of albums from the 60's, 70's and early 80's on compact disc.

All of our releases are properly licensed from the owner of the original masters, in most cases the original record label and sometimes the artists themselves.

We strive to reproduce the original album cover artwork, converted to accommodate the CD size format.

Suggestions of albums you would like to see reissued on CD are always welcome, so feel free to send us an e-mail at manager@woundedbird.com

Well I finally received my copy of "Believer" from Caiman- and I must say I was very impressed, the sound quality is a lot better than that of the Japanese/European first issue of the cd. So I just ordered the "Take It Off" and "Chic" albums as well :-)

Does anyone know if the Wounded Bird Real people/Tongue In Chic CD sounds better than the original cd releases as well?

Thanks!

Hi dude,

Glad you enjoyed it!

The Real People/Tongue In Chic cd has a more superior sound & better stereo reproduction than the Tongue In Chic original issued cd. So good, I didn't bother buying Real People!

Definitely recommended, old bean.

peace