CHICtribute.com Forum

Here you can discuss articles, records or other things CHIC related. You can place an ad for record/videoclip trade or other things CHIC related. Or post a question you always wanted to know about CHIC or things related.

FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
CHIC concert in Montreux / 29 June 2006 Thursday

Hi All,
This is no mistake. CHIC had a concert in Montreux already Thursday, a day before the Montreux JAZZ Festival starts, and it will start with CHIC this year.
Thursday evening Kid Rock was on stage in the Auditorium Stravinsky and CHIC was the band for him.
Nile, Rich, Jessica, Geraldo, Berry played/sang for Kid Rock.
After Kid Rock left the stage, CHIC gave a concert. By this time Ahmet Ertegun was already present in the first row.
CHIC started at 11.45 pm and played 45 minutes. The same band was onstage as in London 5 days ago.
- everybody dance
- CHIC cheer (no introductions again)
- My forbidden lover
- I'm coming out/Upside down
- He's the greatest dancer
- We are family
- Le Freak
- Good Times
When Good Times was on, Kid Rock rushed to the stage and asked Nile that he wants to do the rap part, which Nile accepted with a huge smile.
After the rap part Kid Rock left stage.
At the end of the show they played rock music with other musicians. Was interesting to see Richard Hilton with a guitar. He had the same as Nile.

If I may mention at the end that all three CHIC ladies were beautiful. All of them on stage had tight jeans with tight white tops. Unbelievable.

I came to Montreux to see CHIC on stage and will have it twice. Isn't this fantastic ?

Bela

Re: CHIC concert in Montreux / 29 June 2006 Thursday

Bela my friend

Once again you are so kind to speak so nicely of us. Let's not forget last night's contribution from Stevie Nicks, who in addition to being beautiful and very sweet sang two of her songs, "Dreams" and "Stand Back", as well as the show opener, "Woodstock" w/Kid Rock and the finale "Rock n Roll".

Tonight there will be more guest surprises. I look forward to seeing you again there.

And, if you're still here, Chic will play a "proper" Chic show on Saturday night, July 1st, in the Jazz Café at the Montreux Jazz Festival. So you get two more chances if you want!

http://www.montreuxjazz.com/program/prog_en.aspx?id=14

Everybody Dance!

Rich

Good Morning Rich,
Thanks for adding a few important details to my memo. I arrived to Montreux only at 11 pm and probably missed some part of the show before CHIC.
I'll be there tonight, 4th row, the very middle. Only headache how to get out to the stage when possible.
The Saturday evening gig I will miss, by then I will be fast asleep at home.
Bela

don ellis 1934
artie kane 1929