Return to Website

CESSG Questions & Answers

Do you have Questions about CES?

Have you or a loved one been diagnosed with CES?

Here's a place to find answers and support!

CESSG Questions & Answers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lidocaine Infusion Therapy

Has anyone had Lidocaine Infusion Therapy for there saddle pain? Did it work?
How many treatments did it take?

Thank you for your feedback.

Re: Lidocaine Infusion Therapy

Hi Barney...just so that you know there are others on here... I make a reply but unfortunately I was not offered Lidocaine, hopefully there may be someone who has and may be able to join in the discussion with you. I have total saddle numbness which means you could stick pins in and pinch the skin together with your nails as hard as you might but I have (Total) zero feeling....So Lidocaine would not be helpful or am I missing something here??.

All the best, Alan:tophat: :relaxed:

Thanks for the reply Alan. In a way your lucky you have no pain in your saddle. Mine is severe. My doc wants to lower my opioids and is wanting to try new treatments like this I am very dubious.

It really is a case of finding out what there is and what works the best, to a certain extent it's pure experimentation because there doesn't appear to be any laid out route in terms of treatments and medication - I suppose it's because we are all different....keep trying, I find talking with the pharmacist can be a great source for information....By the way, whilst I have complete numbness I can still suffer the awful effect of compaction, in other words..."The tennis ball in the butt" - I get some good relief by taking "Fybogel" on a daily basis....it works for some and not others, like I said, it's finding out what works for you isn't it, best of luck.

Cheers, Alan:tophat: :flag-gb: