Return to Website

CESSG Questions & Answers

Do you have Questions about CES?

Have you or a loved one been diagnosed with CES?

Here's a place to find answers and support!

CESSG Questions & Answers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Just checking In

Howdy Mark...

Thanks for the reply....Electric shocks I used to describe as the same as touching a cars High Voltage coil and getting that 14k snap!! but in my legs, nasty things when you get them....spasm and jolts seem to go together.

Constipation/compaction....the curse of all sufferers....opiates being the main cause I suppose, slowing down of the bowel mobility and the natural rhythm that moves things along seems to get suspended and then compaction starts and following this discharge of liquids.....what a great thing to suffer from but you try and explain this to others including Medics and they think "Yeah yeah"...they simply have no idea of the real suffering/pain/anguish of not being able to have a normal bowel evacuation, I destroy toilet seats in trying to get body movement to assist.....it's hard bloody hard and this brings me to your theory about wind/constipation...I had a bout of hospitalisation last year which brought about a colonoscopy where they blow up your lower and upper bowels, not with explosives I might add....but rather with a more gentle blast of compressed air!!!! LoL...Well after they blew my things up they look at the linings for things that shouldn't be there etc...well they found a few pockets that had been eroded through constant constipation and compaction which they identified as Diverticulitis and Diverticulosis...so this adds to the over all things that you have to put up with....No easy answers, more or less how you can deal with things yourself and what you find works....Unfortunately...we are all individuals and suffer in different way's but linked via forums such as this....I think the best therapy is to be able to talk about it, not to family but to fellow sufferers.

Keep taking the tablets and keep a positive outlook and the rest is easy.....I also lie!!!.

Cheers Mark....stay well.

Regards, Alan.:tophat: :wheelchair: :flag-tn: :relaxed:

Re: Just checking In

Mark, you've hit one of the best resources for anyone with persistent pain - distraction; or as I always describe it, losing yourself in something you love to do so that your mind is forced to think of something else. Try losing yourself in a good book, or try counting the stitches as you knit or crochet, or play a video game - anything that forces the mind to think beyond the pain. That has been my long held practice to deal with night pain, the kind of pain that seems to descend when bedtime rolls around. Countless nights find me getting up from bed and going to the computer to work on-line crossword puzzles after I found that the longer you lie there, the worse the pain becomes. (Anything that requires quiet concentration works). I learned to hop up quickly when the legs and back go crazy and work on crossword puzzles until I simply cannot stay awake. Then, if I don't move around much, I can usually return to bed and get a few hours of sleep. That method also seems to speed the pain medication taking hold. Living with CES is a challenge but with a perspective of seeing the glass half-full rather than half-empty, we can still find a lot of satisfactions in life beyond CES. Sure, we have to adapt but hey, if a great grandmother can do it, then it stands to reason that younger "victims" can find a satisfying life beyond CES! I should add that many members used to find venting their frustrations and fears on this forum was also a great help, if for no other reason than you find you are far from alone; that there are people who really get it because they live it daily. Perhaps that doesn't make sense to people who have not personally dealt with all the nasty's that go with CES but it will to most of those who post on this forum! I, for one, appreciate your comments.

So good to make contact with you once again.

ejenn