Return to Website

CESSG Questions & Answers

Do you have Questions about CES?

Have you or a loved one been diagnosed with CES?

Here's a place to find answers and support!

CESSG Questions & Answers
Start a New Topic 
View Entire Thread
Re: Lower body numbness w no pain

I would think that you have been misdiagnosed with sciatica which was probably a symptom of CES.

I am experiencing a second occurrence after surgery 17 years ago, and numbness is a large part of it. Unfortunately, because of treatment to control residual pain, I now have the "spiders in the spine" (I think it's called something like "anachroditis").

I do hope you find answers you are looking for.

Re: Lower body numbness w no pain

I was diagnosed with CES in 2012 and was advised by my doctor that my surgery which I had in 2013 could remedy my CES. I had 3 herniated disc fused in the L5 area and continued to have the CES symptoms. I have numbness in my saddle area and in my lower legs and feet. The operation took care of the back pain, but the numbness remained to this day. My doctor warned me that the nerve damage may have already done permanent damage. I was told that the initial treatment for CES would need to be done within 48 hours of my diagnosis without a guarantee of success. I was able to work until it affected my ability to do a lot of walking, sitting, and standing. I have continued to lead as normal a lifestyle as possible after retiring last August. I am doing an exercise regiment despite of the numbness. The difficult thing is looking normal but really feeling affected by CES.Hope you can get support if you have this condition.