Return to Website

CESSG Questions & Answers

Do you have Questions about CES?

Have you or a loved one been diagnosed with CES?

Here's a place to find answers and support!

CESSG Questions & Answers
Start a New Topic 
View Entire Thread
Re: Just checking In

My goodness it is a surprise to hear from one of the earlier members of this forum, back in the days when it was so active a page could be turned in one day. We made some life long friends through the dialogue because we were like a family that understood each other and learned from each other. I do remember when you started posting, I think I posted a reply or two to you back then. Most of the former members have dropped out or joined another site. Like Alan, I go way back to early days and remain loyal to this forum; while I seldom post anymore I still enjoy confronting the challenges of CES by searching out and finding products that assist in daily living or are helpful in dealing with pain. I am currently testing a temperpedic orthopedic seat cushion that aids in reducing coccyx and lumbar stenosis pain. Too early to tell if it is a good enough solution to recommend to others but my long recommended wedge type cushion with cut out is no longer up to the job for extended seated situations. The one I recommended way back when is till as good as new and used in my car all the time but is no longer sufficient for home use. That old devil CEs does keep us on our toes, yes? Too bad we can't have a "home coming" day where a lot of the former CES members touched based once again.

So good to hear from you, Mark.

Best wishes and God speed

I'm so happy to hear from you. I'm glad were all still driving on. I've tried many things, and appreciate the bead suggestion. My guess is most of us would try pickles in our ears to relieve the nasty feeling that won't go away.
Sometimes the simple things work best. I wish I could say I was drug free, but without a Lyrica, Tramadol mix I really don't function well. Besides the meds I have to say distraction works best for me. I have to quit acknowledging the pain and change my focus. Sounds a tad crazy, not a crazy as pickles you have to admit. Great to hear from you and thanks for all your research Ejennings. Alan, great to hear from you my friend I check-in from time to time and hope you do the same. Mark:relaxed:

P.S. One other thing for those who get the electric activity. After almost 8yrs. of trying to nail down what sets them off, I've still have little idea. I'm think it may be related to constipation and trapped gas:thinking_face: Anyone out there that has solved this I'd be grateful to hear it.

Howdy Mark...

Thanks for the reply....Electric shocks I used to describe as the same as touching a cars High Voltage coil and getting that 14k snap!! but in my legs, nasty things when you get them....spasm and jolts seem to go together.

Constipation/compaction....the curse of all sufferers....opiates being the main cause I suppose, slowing down of the bowel mobility and the natural rhythm that moves things along seems to get suspended and then compaction starts and following this discharge of liquids.....what a great thing to suffer from but you try and explain this to others including Medics and they think "Yeah yeah"...they simply have no idea of the real suffering/pain/anguish of not being able to have a normal bowel evacuation, I destroy toilet seats in trying to get body movement to's hard bloody hard and this brings me to your theory about wind/constipation...I had a bout of hospitalisation last year which brought about a colonoscopy where they blow up your lower and upper bowels, not with explosives I might add....but rather with a more gentle blast of compressed air!!!! LoL...Well after they blew my things up they look at the linings for things that shouldn't be there etc...well they found a few pockets that had been eroded through constant constipation and compaction which they identified as Diverticulitis and this adds to the over all things that you have to put up with....No easy answers, more or less how you can deal with things yourself and what you find works....Unfortunately...we are all individuals and suffer in different way's but linked via forums such as this....I think the best therapy is to be able to talk about it, not to family but to fellow sufferers.

Keep taking the tablets and keep a positive outlook and the rest is easy.....I also lie!!!.

Cheers Mark....stay well.

Regards, Alan.:tophat: :wheelchair: :flag-tn: :relaxed: