Return to Website

CESSG Questions & Answers

Do you have Questions about CES?

Have you or a loved one been diagnosed with CES?

Here's a place to find answers and support!

CESSG Questions & Answers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Just checking In

Mark my dear chap!!!....how nice to see a blast from the past.....I only come on here when that little hint of an idea comes into your head and say's.....let's see if the good old CESSG forum is still alive and kicking......and here it is....as large as life and still here after all these years....Like yourself - this forum was the ONLY oasis of help that was around at that time.....later to be overtaken by some rather grand go getting break away group....well.. I am still loyal to this good old institution ...a lot of water has gone under the bridge with CES....things that would scare the newbie's pants off of them, I am amazed at the variance that this thing can throw at you....I thought it would have settled down to a manageable situation but boy oh boy does it throw the odd ball at you and dealing with it takes the patience of a saint....I, like a few others could write a book but it would sound like a fantasy of the imagination or pure fiction......anyway....I am not on here to increase anxiety levels, just to say "How Do" again and let everyone know that we are still batting on the same playing field.....ejenn still has some excellent tips especially about Therra Beads....I keep mine on the arm of my recliner chair - so easy to zap it in the microwave, the relief is instant and simply heaven....unlike codeine and other opiates.....no constipation (ouch!!) when you use the Therra Beads pad.

Take care, have fun and my very best wishes to you.

Alan:flag-gb: :wheelchair: :tophat: :grinning:

My goodness it is a surprise to hear from one of the earlier members of this forum, back in the days when it was so active a page could be turned in one day. We made some life long friends through the dialogue because we were like a family that understood each other and learned from each other. I do remember when you started posting, I think I posted a reply or two to you back then. Most of the former members have dropped out or joined another site. Like Alan, I go way back to early days and remain loyal to this forum; while I seldom post anymore I still enjoy confronting the challenges of CES by searching out and finding products that assist in daily living or are helpful in dealing with pain. I am currently testing a temperpedic orthopedic seat cushion that aids in reducing coccyx and lumbar stenosis pain. Too early to tell if it is a good enough solution to recommend to others but my long recommended wedge type cushion with cut out is no longer up to the job for extended seated situations. The one I recommended way back when is till as good as new and used in my car all the time but is no longer sufficient for home use. That old devil CEs does keep us on our toes, yes? Too bad we can't have a "home coming" day where a lot of the former CES members touched based once again.

So good to hear from you, Mark.

Best wishes and God speed

ejenn

I'm so happy to hear from you. I'm glad were all still driving on. I've tried many things, and appreciate the bead suggestion. My guess is most of us would try pickles in our ears to relieve the nasty feeling that won't go away.
Sometimes the simple things work best. I wish I could say I was drug free, but without a Lyrica, Tramadol mix I really don't function well. Besides the meds I have to say distraction works best for me. I have to quit acknowledging the pain and change my focus. Sounds a tad crazy, not a crazy as pickles you have to admit. Great to hear from you and thanks for all your research Ejennings. Alan, great to hear from you my friend I check-in from time to time and hope you do the same. Mark:relaxed:

P.S. One other thing for those who get the electric activity. After almost 8yrs. of trying to nail down what sets them off, I've still have little idea. I'm think it may be related to constipation and trapped gas:thinking_face: Anyone out there that has solved this I'd be grateful to hear it.

Mark