Return to Website

CESSG Questions & Answers

Do you have Questions about CES?

Have you or a loved one been diagnosed with CES?

Here's a place to find answers and support!

CESSG Questions & Answers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
CES has been my “friend” since 1/1/1994

I’m so happy to find a place where people will understand. My cauda equina syndrome was due to a gunshot wound. I’m not sure how long I was paralyzed for but it had to be at least an hour. I remember when it all started coming back alive ... it was excruciating, so bad I told the paramedic put me to sleep ( they thought I meant like a dog to kill me that’s not what I meant LOL ). Cauda equina has caused me to need to Catheterize and have a colostomy. For years I thought narcotics did nothing for The stabbing, burning, fire ants under my skin pain. Whoa was I wrong! I found way different when I lost my narcotics last month.Luckily I still had my Neurontin and seizure pills. I’ve been dealing with this for a long time but I need advice. Does anyone know any way to get relief, just a little?? This isn’t the first time I tried to tear the skin off the back my legs but it’s definitely the worst.I really think it feels better after tearing it up or making a bruise or swell...Maybe is just a different feeling like with the tens unit or the stimulator does.I tried getting the stimulator implant but the doctor called me frantically saying go to your pain doctor and have him remove it NOW! I think he was worried about the bullet fragments I have in my nerves, not sure what the issue was there I still have machine never heard from the doctor again. Weird Huh? Even if no one has any advice for me I’m glad I got my story out maybe it will help someone. I understand what you guys are going through. It takes a strong person to endude nerve pain. Peace be with all my ces buddies. Amy