Return to Website

CESSG Questions & Answers

Do you have Questions about CES?

Have you or a loved one been diagnosed with CES?

Here's a place to find answers and support!

CESSG Questions & Answers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Please help

I am new here but suggest you try to have MRI sooner. Are you diagnosed with CES? Neuro surgeons need to see your MRI and make reccomendations.

Re: Please help

First, I hope you are under the care of a neurologist, preferably one who is experienced with CES and lower back pain.

Second, and this suggestion is usually disregarded because it is so simplistic. Buy a couple of thera-bead pads that you zap in the microwave for a minute or two. They emit steam and for some reason the intense steam heat provides rapid relief from the unbearable pain in the lower back and legs. Apply it to your lower back, if necessary put a bath towel between it and your back as they can get too hot if zapped too long. These pads don't need electricity or batteries, they are activated by microwave heat and are dry between uses. Some of us keep one close to our recliners because the relief is so rapid compared to pain relieving medicine and are not addictive. They are not expensive, can be ordered over the internet if not available in your locality. Well worth trying and not much to lose except pain! I've had one for over 20 years and it is still in use. They do cool down so a second one allows for longer treatment. The leg pain comes from the agitated nerves in the back so the steam heat helps with that also.

Good luck, you are not alone. Plenty of us still around telling you there is still a worthwhile life to be led once you learn how to cope with the pain.

Best of Luck

ejenn