Return to Website

CESSG Questions & Answers

Do you have Questions about CES?

Have you or a loved one been diagnosed with CES?

Here's a place to find answers and support!

Forum: CESSG Questions & Answers
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
Cauda Equina Syndrome

I am putting this on here because my husband was told by a Neurosurgeon at OSU in Columbus Ohio that chances are he has Cauda Equina Syndrom. The issue is he cannot have and MRI because he has wires left in his back from a bone growth stimulator from a previous back surgery and he cannot have a CT Scan with contrast dye due to the fact that he is allergic to the dye. And the neurosurgeon said the hospital at OSU would not allow him to operate on him because my husband still had nicotine in his system. Now from everything I have read about this syndrome, it is a medical emergency and this same doctor said he could operate if it was a medical emergency but they still did not do his surgery. And regular x-rays have shown a great deal of inflammation as well as regular CT Scans have shown the same thing. Any suggestions as to what we can do to get help before my husband is totally paralyzed? And do we have a case for suing a hospital putting his health at risk? And believe it or not, the government denied his SSI claim.

Email  
Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Counters & Site Stats   Email Forms   Free Web Tools   Free Web Hosting