Return to Website

Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

Miami pro-am Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
new f2 formula board

any impression on the new formula board?

Re: new f2 formula board

Power. More power. But I will let Movie Star and Fernando discuss this in more detail as they have sailed it a lot.

we will have the test results soon, but fernando Martinez is leading the US NATIONAL TOUR on tha board.

Is it any lighter than last years heavy one.

And what about the cutout. I've understood that they still have them adjustable, have you tested to differnece between up and down and away ?

r Jon

yes is a bit ligther than last year but the mayor advantage is that it is more powefull on the tail so will make you go higther Upwind. also adjustables cutouts are there for better trim depending on sailors taste,they do a good job to set a better trim. Also the board is shorer so it feels really lose downwind. so far the best formula board this year.
1 place on the national racing tour. F2 f...........ing f...................ast.

Which other brands have you tried, Starboard, ML....
Had problems to get the F2 going last year, worst season ever in formula, been with starboard before. Perhaps the F2 was too technical, sometimes it felt good but in the next start it was a catastrofe.
But you comments sounds encouraging can't wait until I'll get mine with North-07

r Jon

Hi all there,
I'am looking for the next season best board
Starboard or F2,
Last year I switched half way from F2 to Starboard
and I was very glad with that choiche. I din't like the 2006 F2
Did you guys tested The new starboard and the new F2 already and wich one was the winner.

Greatings from cold Holland,

Sieger

Looking at regatta gallery I see that SB boards lays flat on the water surface, F2 tries to rise the nose and aren't stable. Riders are fighting their boards. What is real feeling of F2 on the water comparing with SB161?

What about fins for the F2.

I know the Kashy is top-class but what rake do you prefer - How many degrees ??

The '06 model worked well with +6 (deboichet language) and +8 for light winds. Are we talking theese degrees again.. ??

best regards
Thomas

no to much rake is better, I like select elite 05 soft , others like r 17 soft rake 6

If you buy the new f2 you will be really happy.

Hi, nice interwiev with winners,
Gabriel Browne speaks about fin importance. What fin he uses and what footstraps and mast settings? He sails 07 board?

KASHY FINS , mast track in the midle and adjust at your preference.

....but it's not possible to get a Kashy . Shoud I go for a R19 then ??

/Thomas

r19 for ligth wind xsoft better and r17 xsoft for medium or higth winds .

xsoft means S--?
what rake for r17 and r19?

For 2006 F2 boards +6 was faster than +8.

Hi,
I´v got a new F2 form 2006. It´s aboaut 11kg havy. Is this normal and what´s the weight of the 2007 one?
Josef

2006 boards were really strong board so they are a bit heavy but it will last you forever, 2007 about 9 kg or 10 but this is not an issued . they are really fast .

Hi Josef,

11 kg is the normal weight.

thx

Eduardo Owen
F2

Thomas

please go for the R17, the R19 is too slow.