Return to Website

Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

Miami pro-am Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Island Style Classic...Sarasota..Feb 24-25

Hi all you (mostly) Formula racers!!
This up coming regatta on Feb 24-25 is again hosted by one of the most established, pure sailing clubs in Florida, the Sarasota Sailing Squadron. There will be sport, hybrid, long board as well as one design classes such as Prodigy and Kona. Since this time of year is smack in the middle of cold front action, bring your slolum gear as well. Last year regatta racing got blown off the water on the 2nd day, so Laurl, owner of Island Style and Jack Thompson, put together a slalom course in shallow water, within spectator range. Everyone begged, borrowed, or exchanged gear for the heats (much of it, curtesy of Starboard, and Sailworks via Roger Jackson)....Thankyou Roger!! It was really a blast...all in the name of impromtu fun windsurfing. We want to meet all Formula windspeed and course angle requirements and class rules. The RC will be "windsurfing" experienced on all class needs. The food will be "the best"...again, with no long waits for either food or race results. Secure camping is OK on site...with heads and showers near.. Great for families too..! the Aquarium is right down the street... and Sarasota's famous cultural landmarks are a short drive to town. Please encourage beginners and long boarders to come too! More Later
Bruce Matlack

Re: Island Style Classic...Sarasota..Feb 24-25

Team Miami will represent, for sure, at this event. Movie Star should be healed in full and sporting a new set of booties for this regatta.

cool Bruce!!!

We will be there to support your race!!!!
:-)
best regards,

Count me in... I will be there with the grill and all...

Rafael would like to know if senior citizen discounts apply for Kona registration?

Hey Dick (Alex). Thanks for the asking... You know discounts are good... third place in a regatta, paying full price, as a rookie, PRICELESS!!!!

team miami is getting ready for sarasota race. stay tuned.

Bruce,

which hotel and where you do recommend to make reservations for the race?

Thx

OK...just saw question of where to stay for Sarasota event this coming weekend.. A place that had 15 rooms available yesterday, and is 30 minutes from site (using the Long boat Key route to the Squadron; NOT Rt #41)... is Holiday Express Inn on Cortez Blvd...at cross street about 43rd... Walk in rate was $149.... desk phone is: 941-795-4633. It is in Bradenton west....Also, I have floor space available 35 min from site at my small duplex that is gutted for remodel...heat and toilet OK...also, might be able to snag the other end of the duplex from my partner for the weekend sort of free.......Reminder: Friday reg. and party snacks at the Squadron this year...NOT at Laural's. Camping OK at Squadron...full facilities....locked compound.
See ya there 727-364-8426...Bruce