Return to Website

Pacific Northwest Cavalry Reenacting

Welcome! This is mainly a "local" forum for American Civil War cavalry reenactors in the Pacific Northwest. It will have dates of events and trainings as well as any items of interest.

Forum: Pacific Northwest Cavalry Reenacting
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
McClellan Saddle Help

I'm hoping someone will be able to help me. I am doing some research for my grandmother, who has a McClellan and is interested in selling it. I have no idea how to go about finding out which saddle this is or where to even help her sell it.

Here's what she has told me: It's a Civil War McClellan Saddle, and it's been issued 3 times, and has the initials underneath to show that.

I have one picture, but will probably need to take better ones myself. I did find websites to help identify which year it could be, but since I don't know what the different parts of the saddle are called, it doesn't really help me much. The site's pictures help a little, but the different saddles look pretty similar to me, so I can't understand the differences.

If anyone at all could at least point me in the right direction, it would be a huge help.

Thank you so much!

Email  
Re: McClellan Saddle Help - by diannamarsolek - Feb 27, 2010 8:35pm
Re: McClellan Saddle Help - by Jamie - Mar 1, 2010 11:58am
Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Web Calendars   Online Photo Albums   Free Guestbooks   Cheap Domains 
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com