Return to Website

Pacific Northwest Cavalry Reenacting

Welcome! This is mainly a "local" forum for American Civil War cavalry reenactors in the Pacific Northwest. It will have dates of events and trainings as well as any items of interest.

Pacific Northwest Cavalry Reenacting
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
McClellan Saddle Help

I'm hoping someone will be able to help me. I am doing some research for my grandmother, who has a McClellan and is interested in selling it. I have no idea how to go about finding out which saddle this is or where to even help her sell it.

Here's what she has told me: It's a Civil War McClellan Saddle, and it's been issued 3 times, and has the initials underneath to show that.

I have one picture, but will probably need to take better ones myself. I did find websites to help identify which year it could be, but since I don't know what the different parts of the saddle are called, it doesn't really help me much. The site's pictures help a little, but the different saddles look pretty similar to me, so I can't understand the differences.

If anyone at all could at least point me in the right direction, it would be a huge help.

Thank you so much!

Re: McClellan Saddle Help

i think i can help i live in Vancouver WA 360 773 6653 on the saddle

Re: McClellan Saddle Help

Thanks! I think I will actually have my grandmother contact you, since she will know everything about the saddle, whereas I would most likely be saying "I'm not sure..."