Return to Website

Pacific Northwest Cavalry Reenacting

Welcome! This is mainly a "local" forum for American Civil War cavalry reenactors in the Pacific Northwest. It will have dates of events and trainings as well as any items of interest.

Pacific Northwest Cavalry Reenacting
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Chairs and Tables for sale

Trooper Bever,

Pass this information to the civilians. The military doesn't get to hoard furniture in camp. We will be burning Corporal Stewart's chair shortly. We realize he is OLD and needs the comforts of home but too many of the boys are fighting over who gets to sit in it!

I will copy your message and send it to the civilian camp members. I hope you earn that money for a rifle, we really need you as an effective soldier!

Send me the scanned pictures in email and I can put them on the web site.

Capt. Ahearn

Re: Re: Chairs and Tables for sale

If Cpl. Stewart is okd...What the heck does that make me?

The Stealth Cpl.

Re: Re: Re: Chairs and Tables for sale

Corporal Stewart is the oldest young-looking man we have in the company.

You have a few years to catch up.

Capt. A

Capt. Ahearn,

Thank you for fwding. the email to the civilians! I wasn't sure if they visited the form or not. I'll try to have the pictures scanned and sent to you by Monday. I'm having to figure out how to get pictures from the Digital camera on to the computer. Technology is often confusing. lol. :s Well thank you for the help!

Trp. Ray

P.S. Poor Col. Stewart. The chair will be mourned by many it looks like. =D

My dear Captain, while I agree heartily with the burning of that abomination, I urge you to reconsider. Have you not given due thought to the lice and other vermen which inhabit the rickety old structure (here I speak of the chair, not the good corporal, though I am sure they are often confused)? I hardly think we wish to have those creatures crawling amongst OUR tents! Perhaps we should simply transplant the chair to a place where they pests would feel so at home they would stay, and not allow the thing to be removed. I heartily suggest the Texans.....

Most respectfully,

Clifford Self

Cliff,

If we burn the chair, it would indeed rid us of some of those wee beasties. However, the reason for the crawly things is more likely the result of the close association of the corporal and his chair.
However, I heartily agree with the turning over of the chair to the texans...or perhaps General Meade would be more appropriate. At least the texans are on our side...Sort of. And let us not forget, we have a texan in our ranks. No, I don't think we should hold that against him...although I am not so certain he doesn't hold it against us...
Oh, what the heck, we could debate this all day...just get rid of that brightly colored and Offensive place to rest our backsides!

The Stealth Corporal

Of varmints and vermen, have you seen the vermin in the Texan's camp??? They would chew up and spit out our gentlemanly vermin from Virginia with no thought to etiquette or fancy manners! Now General Meade on the other hand... hmmm that is a good idea. Who wishes to volunteer for scouting duty and is capable of carrying the god-forsaken chair?

As for Corporal Rickets, I think he may have earned a new name.

Capt. Ahearn

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

My dear Captain, while I agree heartily with the burning of that abomination, I urge you to reconsider. Have you not given due thought to the lice and other vermen which inhabit the rickety old structure (here I speak of the chair, not the good corporal, though I am sure they are often confused)? I hardly think we wish to have those creatures crawling amongst OUR tents! Perhaps we should simply transplant the chair to a place where they pests would feel so at home they would stay, and not allow the thing to be removed. I heartily suggest the Texans.....

Most respectfully,

Clifford Self

Re: Re: Re: Re: Chairs and Tables for sale

Captain,

If I may suggest, I would be willing to volunteer for ANY duty that might aid Corporal "Rickets" in delivering ANY discomfort to the *cough* good General Meade...I will NOT however volunteer to carry the chair.
Perhaps we may locate a suitable proxy for the general at Ft. Stevens in the person of another Federal Officer...
No, not Ken...
Your Obdt. Svt.
Stealth Corporal Sturman

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Chairs and Tables for sale

Sirs:

I suggest immediate dispatch of a letter to Richmond, and the proper authorities, regarding our new weapon. Mass production of these chairs, when distributed to the enemy (and after a short period of use by the good corporal), could prove most beneficial to our cause. Corporal Rickets would appear to be invaluable in this operation (as without him the chairs are nothing but an added weight to the mules) and should be protected at all costs. The many stenches and vermin which may be found surrounding him just may be the key to our independence.

The respectful opinion of a lowly and content trooper.