Return to Website

Pacific Northwest Cavalry Reenacting

Welcome! This is mainly a "local" forum for American Civil War cavalry reenactors in the Pacific Northwest. It will have dates of events and trainings as well as any items of interest.

Pacific Northwest Cavalry Reenacting
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mustangs in the Cavalry

Hello All:

As this is my first post on this board, I would like to introduce myself. My name is Kelly and I am the Vice President of the Canadian Kiger Mustang Registry as well as being a member of an 1812 re-enactment group in Ontario, Canada.
My question is as follows.... Does anyone know or have evidence of Mustang or Mustang crosses being used in the Cavalry? While reading an article in Western Horseman (March 2005, pg 42)I read that when the cavalry were short for horses, they would use Mustang and Mustang crosses. Does anyone know anything more about this or possess pictures to back this information up???? I am interested in posting an article on my web site on this subject, but I will need proof positive as well as a working knowledge of this subject.
If you would ike to contact me with any pertinant information, I can be reached at info@canadiankigers.com. I look forward to hearing from anyone who can help me.

Kelly Gibson
The Canadian Kiger Mustang Registry
http://www.canadiankigers.com