Return to Website

Pacific Northwest Cavalry Reenacting

Welcome! This is mainly a "local" forum for American Civil War cavalry reenactors in the Pacific Northwest. It will have dates of events and trainings as well as any items of interest.

Pacific Northwest Cavalry Reenacting
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
First Battle Event of the 2004 season - reenacting information

As you know, McIver Park, near Estacada Oregon, will be our first battle event of the year. We will be able to move in on Thursday and I plan to be there by noon on that day. The 9th Virginia camp will be on the drill field of last year's event. The park even put in wooden posts for our horses picket line! Civilians will be camped in the area just off Parking Lot C and behind a screen of trees. The Maryland Line will be up from the 9th's military camp toward the battlefield.

I will bring a water trough and hose to fill it and place it in some trees beyond the end of our line for horse watering.

Reminder: No horses on the trails, no horses to ride out of camp area and down to boat launch site. They are only allowed to ride on the camp grounds, drill fields and battlefield. We can not use any trails that go into trees, even on the battlefield.

All fire pits must be repaired or there will be a fine of $50, be aware!

All manure must be centrally located from the CSA camp which will mean wheelbarrows must be used. Straw will also need to be placed at this location for easy removal after the event. If all horsemen would think to load up a pitchfork, rake and even a wheelbarrow it will make my load lighter.

No cars allowed in camp. Pack light and bring your equipment in from parking lot C. I don't want to see our site destroyed by vehicle tracks and spin-outs so be aware of where you are driving. Camps will break down AFTER 4:15 on Sunday.

There will be a special School Presentation by all arms and civilians on Friday at 10 AM, please be available if you can. You will be needed and appreciated.

Respectfully,
Capt. Ahearn