Return to Website

Pacific Northwest Cavalry Reenacting

Welcome! This is mainly a "local" forum for American Civil War cavalry reenactors in the Pacific Northwest. It will have dates of events and trainings as well as any items of interest.

Pacific Northwest Cavalry Reenacting
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Last training before event season starts!

The 10th NY training at Stoneybrook Stable in Estacada has been rescheduled to April 10. I encourage everyone who can to be at the 9th Virginia training on April 3-4. I plan to be there at least on Sunday, and hopefully both days.

Lt. Ken Morris
10th Regt of Cavalry NYSV.

Not QUITE the last training, but it was fun!

Actually there is one more training for anyone who wants to attend, at Stoneybrook Stable in Estacada this Saturday April 10. Be ready to begin 11AM sharp.

I went to the training on April 3-4 and it was great. Mounted drill by the bugle on Saturday, allowing us to get more familiar with the skirmish calls. A nice trail ride Sunday morning, the more drill including that tricky "countermarch by the right flank." We had enough riders to do everything in double ranks, which I actually prefer. We also did forming a single rank from a double rank as skirmishers. The cows from across the street seemed most interested and would line up along the fenceline to watch. We did plenty of gunfire training both days, as well as getting a lot of safety tests out of the way. We had 4 horses there who had not been exposed to gunfire before, and they all did great! We had a couple of firsts too--first trooper to pass a riding test bareback (Guy Robinson), youngest trooper to pass a riding and firing test (Kendall Robinson, age 13), and the first time I ever saw Karen Lewis ride a horse!

Folks who showed up were: Capt. Ahearn, Dana Vugteveen, Ken Wood, Rick East, Hoofy Ford, Bill Alguire, JR Robinson, Ben Shannon, Bruce Peek, Guy and Kendall Robinson, Dan Miller, Shardon Lewis, and myself. Hope I didn't miss anyone. Joe Hamer wasn't there but he was busy working on his teamster/artillery impression at Stoneybrook Stable. He has been doing this every weekend for months and he should be commended for his dedication.

Ken Morris

Re: Re: Last training before event season starts!

hey there it is trooper johnson and talling you that you can get a hold of me this way i am on this more it is my scholl thing and i want to know am i riding jeff this satday at the training and i will pay the 10 tpo charles we need to talk about the expo i want to help you out more this time so send me stuff to do i need work to do so i can stay way from ted and aj they are driving me notes and all so give me work and all and is mary and robert doing the expo because i want to talk to them about the muice that i want to show them talk to me ok later trooper johnson out