Return to Website

Pacific Northwest Cavalry Reenacting

Welcome! This is mainly a "local" forum for American Civil War cavalry reenactors in the Pacific Northwest. It will have dates of events and trainings as well as any items of interest.

Pacific Northwest Cavalry Reenacting
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Next training February 21st

Captain,

I will look forward to being there. I will see you Saturday.

Steven

Re: Next training February 21st

My sincere appreciation to those who took the time to come to the meeting and to practice. We did have a very promising meeting with command staff and things are looking good for this coming season. I can promise you we will be used as cavalry this year and not have any conflicts as to chain of command as has happened in the past.

I am sorry to report that Lt. Randall and 1st Sgt McGlothlin DID NOT attend the meeting as requested and are severely behind in understanding what they need to know to be effective on the field and in camp. Captain Ron Rogers and his 1st Sgt were there along with our Sgt. Lewis and Corp. Sturman.

After the meeting we again worked on skirmish drill, rate of fire and rolling the cloak.

Please plan on attending the Winter Quarters event as the cavalry has much planned for the coming season. Classes being taught at Winter Quarters will be:
Live fire on the range
Loading blanks & Cleaning Weapons
Military Etiquette
Tactics and Deployment
Skirmish and Drill
Parade
Unit History
Packing the Effects on the Saddle
Laying out Effects for Inspection

I hope you all plan on being at this worthwhile training.

Respectfully,
Capt. Ahearn