Return to Website

Pacific Northwest Cavalry Reenacting

Welcome! This is mainly a "local" forum for American Civil War cavalry reenactors in the Pacific Northwest. It will have dates of events and trainings as well as any items of interest.

Pacific Northwest Cavalry Reenacting
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dal Bello Workshop - March 13th

Forwarded on from Headquarters - Army of the Willamette
29 January

Field, Line & Staff Officers & Non Commissioned Officers
Northwest Civil War Council

Gentlemen
I have arranged for Colonel Dom Dal Bello to give a workshop on Saturday (March 13) at the Oregon City Armory from 10:00 AM until 4:00 PM. There will be no charge for this instruction. Colonel Dal Bello will be presenting information concerning drill, tactics (both infantry and combined with cavalry and artillery), uniforms and equipment for the officer, deportment and other subjects as we provide direction to him. This workshop is thus for all branches of service and not only for those actively serving as officers but for those who would like to serve as officers at some future point. Everyone is welcome. I also plan to invite our comrades in the Washington Civil War Association (both Union and Confederate). All that I ask is that you brush up on your tactical manuals so that you will be able to provide Dom with informed questions AND that you spread the word to those in your respective units that you feel would benefit from this instruction. I ALSO NEED TO KNOW HOW MANY FROM YOUR UNITS PLAN TO ATTEND.
To arrive at the Oregon City Armory take the Park Place exit off I-205 and head east on Hwy 213 (Beavercreek Hwy) to the first right turn. This is Washington street. Follow this past the End of the Oregon Trail Center ... go through the three way cross street at the first light staying on Washington street until you get to 5th street. Turn left on 5th street and then take the next right turn on John Adams street. Go up the hill to the right to the Armory parking lot.
If you have any questions please communicate with me at 503.623.2102 or at my e-mail address ... Yankeebugler@hotmail.com. Let us take advantage of this opportunity to meet with and learn from one of the finest commanders and gentlemen in Civil War reenacting today. I remain,

Your Obedient Servant & Friend
Lt. Colonel Steve Betschart
Army of the Willamette Commanding