Return to Website

Pacific Northwest Cavalry Reenacting

Welcome! This is mainly a "local" forum for American Civil War cavalry reenactors in the Pacific Northwest. It will have dates of events and trainings as well as any items of interest.

Pacific Northwest Cavalry Reenacting
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Next Training Events of the new year

Our mounted training event will be held near Estacada at Stoneybrook Stable on January 10th. We are working on more drill as well as riding instruction at 11 AM with Charles Sherman. Last training we really worked hard on alignment and intervals with the men watching the other side of the ride and adjusting as needed. I saw great improvement after a little practice and reminding.

I hope you can make this one if you are mounted or are leasing a horse to ride this next season.

The next training will be for both mounted and dismounted together to work on all the other things we need to know off the horse. This includes guard duty, military etiquette, skirmishing, cleaning weapons, sabre exercise and how our camps will be set up. ALL MEMBERS SHOULD ATTEND THIS INSTRUCTION, ESPECIALLY NCO'S AND OFFICERS. This will be a reminder to get older reenactors to CHANGE their habits and to get everyone using the same drill commands and removing those that do not belong in our vocabulary.

I hope all our members and others from other cav units will attend. This event will be held on my property in Lacomb.

We may move over to the classrooms at Century Farm if we have enough interest.

I'll see you all there!

Respectfully,
Capt. Ahearn

Cancellation of training on Jan. 10th

Due to weather and ice conditions the training at Stoneybrook will be cancelled for Saturday Jan. 10th. There will be a make up training day on Saturday Jan. 17th, the same day as the 9th's training at Lacomb. Other riders might want to head for Stoneybrook but I implore the 9th Virginia to continue to plan on the 17th at Lacomb for training without the horses.

Capt. Ahearn