Return to Website

Pacific Northwest Cavalry Reenacting

Welcome! This is mainly a "local" forum for American Civil War cavalry reenactors in the Pacific Northwest. It will have dates of events and trainings as well as any items of interest.

Pacific Northwest Cavalry Reenacting
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Need Volunteers: School Living History Demo

Looking to put on a CW Living History demonstration for the Portland Adventist Elementary School (P.A.E.S.)in Gresham on Friday, January 23. We will be hosted by teacher, Linda Waagen, for her 7th and 8th graders. We have permission to bring horses. She is still looking into whether weapons can be fired but her principal is optimistic.

In any case we would like to put together as many stations as possible for both Confederate and Union military, civilian, musician, and medical. A number of people have already signed up but we would like to have as many as possible.

I will send details of actual time and early plans later in the week. Please let me know if you can participate and block off the 23rd on your calendar.

Thanks,
Rick East
9th Virginia Cavalry

Re: Directions/Time for School Living History Demo Jan 23

The PAES CW Living History Demo will be between 10 and 12 noon on January 23rd. We can start set up at 8:30 am. Partidipants need to check in at the office. Coffee and lunch will be provided.

Directions:
I-84 East to exit 13 (181st Street).
Go Right on 181st (South) for about 5 miles. After you cross Division, you will begin to climb a small
hill and be in a school zone. Just before the crest of the hill, turn
Left (East) on 1st - (there is a PAES sign on the SE side of the
intersection).
The campus entrance is about a 1/4 mile up the street on your right.

Rick East
9th Virginia Cavalry
503-264-9335 (Days)
503-645-4979 (Evenings)
rceiv@aol.com