Return to Website

Pacific Northwest Cavalry Reenacting

Welcome! This is mainly a "local" forum for American Civil War cavalry reenactors in the Pacific Northwest. It will have dates of events and trainings as well as any items of interest.

Pacific Northwest Cavalry Reenacting
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Cavalry Patrols?

Nope at this time you can't "stick 'em" or "shoot at 'em". Now lets see where we can start here...First most mounted Sheriffs posses are only good for parades and getting lost. As one Search and Rescue feller put it, "It takes us longer to find the sheriffs posse members after a rescue, than it does to find the victim!!" Now we understand that it would be a little costly for ya'll to come down and vacation in the land of Geronimo and Victorio for a week. To help off-set some of ya'lls expense we could help furnish horse feed, and make sure ya'll had a cook and 3 squares a day while you were on the border. Also we might be able to make sure that every one left town with a full tank of fuel for the trip home. We don't want to put it all on just your group either if you know of any other groups that might want to take a turn...have them get in touch with me. Is there a publication that Reenactors read where I could publish an article about what we are trying to do, so I can let more mounted Cavalry groups know about this project? Ya'll would be making patrols in groups of 3 to 5 men, reporting any large (or small) groups of illegals so they could be aprehended by the Border Patrol...thats it in a nut shell...Howdy Fowler The New Mexico Border Ranger Project

Re: Re: Re: Re: Cavalry Patrols? Hey Linneus

Been gone a few days was you able to get any of that info that I requested in my last post? It is a brisk 20 degrees here but sunny and clear...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Cavalry Patrols? Hey Linneus

I checked around the mounted units in the Pacific Northwest and no one is able to commit to head south to the border for any time next summer as a group. Any individuals who may be interested will be contacting you through your email to learn more about it. I really don't think you will be getting much interest from this area but I could be wrong. Did you contact groups in Arizona and California? I don't have a list of them but maybe you can find something on the internet.

Linneus Ahearn

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Been gone a few days was you able to get any of that info that I requested in my last post? It is a brisk 20 degrees here but sunny and clear...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Cavalry Patrols? Hey Linneus

Yep we are at this time contacting Mounted Cavalry groups all over the U.S. and have some interested groups...just thought ya'll might like to come have some fun too.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Cavalry Patrols? Hey Linneus

Hey Howdy, what you're doing sounds really great and I do wish you success. I live in Va. so it will be kinda tough to come,but I know tons of Cav all around and I'll spread the word. Have you hollered at the 8th Texas Cav. them boys is hardcore and this sounds right up their alley.

Later on.........Wardawg.