Return to Website

Pacific Northwest Cavalry Reenacting

Welcome! This is mainly a "local" forum for American Civil War cavalry reenactors in the Pacific Northwest. It will have dates of events and trainings as well as any items of interest.

Pacific Northwest Cavalry Reenacting
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Willamette Mission Event

Sorry, that last reply was me but i forgot to write who it was from. lol.

Jeremy

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

This event, held over the 4th of July holiday is one of the best attended events in the Pacific Northwest. Plan to take part if you can.

I encourage all of you to camp LIGHT. Please leave any items you do not NEED at home. Things like lanterns, chairs, boxes, tables, and other items you could not have brought into camp on horseback are what I mean.

We campaigned at Rooster Rock last year and it was very easy to pack up! Let's get more people involved in going campaign-mode at our July event. See below for a list of items you will probably want before all the others you are used to bringing to garrison events.

Light List

Horse:

Saddle, blanket, bridle, halter, lead, surcingle, picket pin/line, feed bag, curry, brush, hoofpick, cloth, saddlebags and link strap.

Soldier:

All issued items to include uniform & brogans/boots, mess utensils, haversack, blanket, poncho, canvas (which you probably won't need but you can make a comfortable bed sack from it), weapons and cleaning supplies, a spare shirt, socks and drawers, personal items in a poke sack (would include, stuff to care for your health and cleanliness).

Hay for your horse would also be good (just don't expect to ride in with it!

I will still have the company fly available in case of heavy rain and I will set up a small tent away from the camp for storage of horse medicine, spare equipment and items I am required to have by NCWC rules. Sgt Jenkins will bring the loaner gear but if you need loaner gear, make sure you contact him prior to the event to assure you get items you need and can wear. I will bring my loaner rifles for enlisted men. Those who use them will have to clean them.

You do not need a chair, use firewood stumps to sit on. You do not need a lantern, it's bright enough to see if you aren't staring into the lanterns of others. The guard will have a flashlight for emergency purposes only.

Prior to the event we will meet on Saturday June 28th to brush out the camp and fix picketlines. 9 AM Please plan on attending with what weapons of brush destruction you might have.

See you there,

Capt. Ahearn